Packaging Machine Operator
PACKAGING MACHINE OPERATORS
$18.50/hr. Starting Pay
Must be able to work 12-hour night shift, to include weekends, holidays and overtime.
Unilever is now recruiting for Packaging Machine Operators at our Independence facility, makers of Knorr, Lipton Soup Mixes and Lipton Iced Tea. Knorr is the #1 selling brand within Unilever’s Food Division and we have established ourselves as the largest and most advanced dry savory manufacturing facility in the world!
Works under the direction of the shift supervisor for the Production Department. Performs all duties required to ensure the safe, efficient running of the Knorr Dry Savory Room to produce quality product in a cost-effective manner – including operating Bartelt packagers, Jones, and associated case-packers. Inspects pouches and displays and reclaims rejected pouches.
- Operates Bartelt, Jones machine(s) including peripheral fillers, (may operate two machines simultaneously) keeping watch for any malfunctions.
- Is responsible for maintaining quality and quantity of pouches as set by Quality Assurance and by Packaging Production Standards.
- Performs weight and quality checks every 15 minutes or hour depending on the line to ensure ingredient fills are maintained within standards.
- Checks ingredient and total pouch weights and adjusts the controls as required to ensure adherence to standards
- Clear jams on machine as required.
- Performs certain mechanical adjustments for on Packaging lines.
- Retrieve packaging material from forward pick area within the room and loads onto machine.
- Orders packaging material in a timely manner
- Uses computer to retrieve changeover information and settings.
- Reports machine malfunction (mechanical/electrical) to mechanic, electrician or supervisor.
- Supplies machine with packaging material as required
- Performs mechanical changeover, removing, replacing parts, and adjusting as per predetermined equipment settings.
- Set-up check-weigher on changeover and operate while production is running.
- Replace Teflon as required.
- Hand palletize as required.
- Inspects cases for damage and ensures correct information from ink jet systems.
- Performs roll change on tape machine as required.
- Maintains fluid levels on Videojet print system and change bottles as required.
- Maintains fluid levels on Marsh printing system and clean head when required.
- Rips substandard pouches online and operates rework separators.
- Labels rework drums and send upstairs for stock people to dump.
- Maintains high level of personal hygiene and keeps work area in a clean and sanitary condition in compliance with -GMP standards. Rotates between all different functions on area basis and as required to ensure smooth operation of room.
- Ensures that all machine safety guards are in place and operational.
- Ensures compliance to all plant safety rules.
- Participates in all World Class Manufacturing training and applies this knowledge to their daily job duties and responsibilities.
- Updates all related Line KPI information and graphs as required.
- Responsible for complying with existing company SHEQ Standards and requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Previous manufacturing experience in a related role preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be flexible to work off-shifts, to include overtime and weekends.
- Position requires walking, standing, squatting, climbing stairs, and reaching overhead on a regular basis.
- High temperatures, up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit within our tea facility are possible.
- Applicants must be able to read, write, speak, understand, and
communicate in English to perform the duties of this position.
Please note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top