Packaging Engineer - TIGI Linea - Lewisville, TX
Packaging Engineer – TIGI Linea – Lewisville, TX
We are actively seeking a Packaging Engineer to join our dynamic company, TIGI Linea, located in Lewisville, Texas. This is a key role within the Global Supply Chain Department. The Incumbent will report directly to the Head of Global Innovations. The focus of the role is to provide secondary packaging support for all global innovations as well as local promotions. In addition, this role will be responsible for the following: Managing the Value Improvement Program (VIP), updating technical manuals and related material for production start-up, and supporting the requirements for the Master Data Program (gathering weight and dimensions for packaging material).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and Implement Secondary Packaging for existing and new innovations.
- Develop filling trials and procedures with 3rd Party Contract Fillers.
- Initiate and manage Cost Saving projects for packaging and filling.
- Work with Quality to implement corrective actions for packaging and filling.
- Manage artwork for Secondary Packaging.
- Review Primary Package artwork for technical and UPC.
- Review and approve master components, approve first article inspections.
- Build BoM structures for new and existing products.
- Maintain component master data.
- Help guide sourcing strategies within the supply chain team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Package Engineering, or, in a closely related field.
- A minimum of 1 year of packaging engineering or equivalent experience.
- Strong analytical mindset and skills.
- Self-motivating; able to work in virtual teams and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Oracle, or, other similar operating systems.
- Experience with Cape or TOPS Pallet Pattern Software is preferred.
- Solid skills with MS Office Suite.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please Note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top