Packaging Engineer, Sustainability
Background & Purpose of the Job
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company holding powerful brands like Dove, Axe, Magnum, Lipton, Vaseline, Suave, and Ben & Jerry's. We create product that enrich and improve people's lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - aiming to make sustainable living commonplace. Unilever brings purpose, joy and delightful experiences to consumers and customers. Unilever Packaging is looking for an exceptional new member to be part of its team in R&D Skin Cleansing.
Who You Are & What You'll Do:
The individual will be responsible for helping to drive the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) for Skin Cleansing as it relates to packaging waste, recyclability, water and greenhouse gases. You will manage reporting and compliance, identify and implement new materials and technologies to address environmental challenges and execute comprehensive package testing. You will work with Marketing, Formulation, Procurement, Supply Chain, Quality and external suppliers. You will be required to lead and/or contribute to building sustainability knowledge of the global packaging team, helping to improve the technical expertise, efficiency and effectiveness of the team. The ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical teams is essential.
You're a born leader: Coupled with project management experience and a technical skillset, you will have the autonomy to deliver creative sustainable solutions by partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to delight consumers.
You love to win, and have fun doing it: In a dynamic and ever-changing business environment you will create magic by identifying and leading programs to reduce environmental impact.
You're a change maker: Challenging status quo and bringing a fresh perspective on how to achieve USLP goals and win with consumers is strongly encouraged.
You're a culture & change champion: Do you know about the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan? We are looking for a team member who is passionate to discover their purpose and are free to champion it. Placing sustainability at the forefront of everything you do.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- B.S. Degree (Packaging Science, Environmental Science, or engineering equivalent) and 2-4 years direct experience in packaging sustainability, preferably in rigid plastics and flexibles.
- Broad packaging component and material knowledge with experience in bottles, closures and flexible packaging.
- Must demonstrate understanding of consumer trends as it relates to sustainability.
- Must be able to demonstrate a general understanding of project management to realize the order, importance, and impact of appropriate project activities and maintain commitments to project schedules.
- Must be able to execute testing and provide technical analysis of sustainable packaging materials and provide feedback to project teams with respect to design viability.
- Must be able to prepare of technical specifications for packaging components.
- Must be able to prepare and develop supplier technical briefs when required.
- Must understand consumer, business, and category needs as it relates to the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan.
- An entrepreneurial mindset is beneficial.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top