Packaging Design Intern
Packaging Design Intern
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of fast moving consumer goods with strong operations in more than 100 countries and sales in 190. With products that are used over two billion times a day around the world, we work to create a better future every day and help people feel good, look good and get more out of life with brands and services that are good for them and good for others. Dedicated to serving consumers and the communities where we live, work and play, Unilever employs more than 171,000 people worldwide.
For our Global R&D Center in Vlaardingen, Netherlands, we are looking for a Packaging Design Intern.
Duration of internship: Approximately 6 months
Targeted start date: 1st of February 2017
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Assist the Design team in the completion of research through Design
- Support in visualization of Packaging ideas through different techniques according to the Design phase (moodboard creation, sketches, building prototypes, 3D printing, technical drawings)
- Contribute with thinking and ideation for unique Packaging solutions that fit our Brands, our consumers´ needs and are technologically feasible
- Engagement in the Unilever Design Process and the associated roles, responsibilities and tools
- Assist Design Project Leaders in the development, observation and compliance of project schedules and roadmaps
- Gather qualitative information relevant for design through market assessment
- Assist in the creation of packaging design guidelines for our brands
Skills & Experience
- Studies in industrial design with a background in packaging
- No work experience required
- Good knowledge of design processes and methodologies
- Sketching and technical drawing skills
- Good knowledge of design-related software (e.g. Adobe/Unigraphics NX/Artios/Solid Works)
- Knowledge of digital technologies and trends is a plus
- Organized and self-motivated multi-tasker with ability to manage multiple interfaces / projects
- Fluent English, Dutch is a plus but not mandatory
The Internee’s knowledge and skills will be used to utmost advantage to ensure that the internship is mutually beneficial for both the student and the company.
- Team Commitment
- Analytical ability
- Practocal creativity
We offer you a dynamic environment in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together. There are good opportunities to pursue your professional and personal goals and develop yourself on national and international level.
How to apply
To apply, you must do so online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch shortly to provide you with an update on the status of your application. For any additional queries, please contact Raphael Begeer via [email protected]
On any given day, two billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life.With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names such as Andrélon, Blue Band and Conimex.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top