North West Industrial Finance Lead
Job Title: : Industrial Finance Manager
Salary: Competitive with company benefits inc. Car allowance
Location: Port sunlight, Wirral
Travel: 5% Travel
Business Context & Main Purpose of the Job
Unilever is one of the leading FMCGs globally with a turnover of € 52.7 billion in 2016 with product range across foods, refreshments, home and personal care. Port Sunlight as a sourcing unit produces both home and personal care products. Key priority for Port Sunlight is to support business growth and drive margin improvement.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
Main Job Purpose:
Industrial Finance Manager for Port Sunlight represents finance on the site management team and drives operational and financial performance. The manager will be responsible for both Home and Personal care factories on the site and leads a team of analyst to deliver sustainable cost optimization program, drive return on assets and financial controls to Unilever’s standards.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Drive performance of the site to improve cost competitiveness & efficiency
- Collaborate with factory leadership team to manage operational and financial trade-offs to deliver in year results
- Leverage logistics, procurement and regional teams to drive performance (e.g. in-sourcing, material savings, distribution cost reduction etc).
- Drive the annual savings program to deliver year on year cost reduction and reduce business waste
- Partner the factory leadership team in setting a robust 3-year financial framework aligned to the category strategy
- Develop annual business plan to deliver year on year improvements in cost and efficiency.
- Lead the annual factory activity based costing process
- Influence capital expenditure spends based on medium / long term affordability of the business and factory
- Critically assess key capital investments projects for Port Sunlight to maximize return on investment
Financial Reporting & Financial controls
- Apply accounting principles to generate routine financial reports that support Unilever’s Accounting Policies and local GAAP / fiscal regulations
- Ensure financial controls are in place and operational with particular emphasis on fixed assets and inventory
- Ensure that all financial postings in factory accounts comply with Unilever accounting procedures
- Ensure brilliant basics of budget management and controls
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
- A degree in accounting or a professional accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA, etc) and working knowledge of SAP is preferred
- Leadership skills and ability to engage and motivate teams
- Driving business performance
- Applying judgement and decision making
- Analytical thinking / problem solving ability
- Team working and leadership
- Business acumen
Standards of Leadership:
- Bias for Action
- Building Talent and Teams
- Growth Mindset
- Consumer and Customer Focus
- Accountability & Responsibility
How To Apply
Hear stories from our Unilever Makers and understand how you can start your own Unilever career at: http://www.unilever.co.uk/careers-jobs/professionals/.
Or to apply now, click on “Apply to this job”. All candidate applications are reviewed in accordance with the criteria outlined for the job role. Please note that the closing date for the receipt of applications is 27th February 2017
Candidates who have applied online can track their application through the candidate tracking link or, if you have any additional queries, you may contact the Recruitment hotline number on 0800 0284390.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top