National Accounts Executive
Main Job Purpose:
Develop and profitably grow the National & Local Key Account business in Australia in line with Unilever Food Solutions Division’s financial and strategic goals.
Responsible for maximising the business growth with all National and Local Chain accounts in Australia. Including Contract Caterers (e.g. Compass, Spotless and Sodexho) and local Key Accounts with significant growth potential.
- This includes establishing sustainable relationships with each account, developing Account Plans and agreeing these business development strategies through Joint Business Planning. Success in your role is dependent on effective and efficient execution of these plans with regular client business reviews and scorecard analysis.
- Effectively manage key account trading terms and price negotiations.
- Where appropriate develop and manage customised solutions and concepts (pricing, new product development including recipe/concept development) from initial idea stage through to launch stage using the foodservice support infrastructure of Marketing, Chef, and external sales structure.
- Develop and co-ordinate product promotional initiatives to grow key account business.
- Be a role model for the state based Key Account Managers and from time to time assist in the coaching and mentoring of the Key account managers to develop their capabilities and achieve their targets.
- Ensure all the management reports for measuring and reporting business performances are integrated, accurate, reliable and on time.
- Provide financial and non-financial information to facilitate timely and accurate decision making on business operation.
- Undertake necessary activity with customers and distributors including trade shows, demonstrations, product launch events etc.
- Provide relevant and updated information to each state, for each account, to maximise penetration of UFS SKU’s and ensure the operators at a site level are serviced according to the agreement in place.
- Large Account Management
- Financial acumen
- Business acumen – Able to analyse and interpret data to identify risks and opportunities.
- Project Management understanding.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good power point skills
- Passion for Growth: to demonstrate vision to reach outstanding growth levels, results driven.
- Change Catalyst: To promote necessary changes
- Break through thinking: Apply insight and trends for business development
- Leadership and team commitment: to demonstrate high effectiveness in Team Leadership and enough flexibility to apply different leadership styles when necessary.
- Develop self and others. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Seizing the future: Take decisive action to create business improvements
- University graduate preferred. A degree in Marketing, and or Business Administration will be highly regarded.
- Profound knowledge of and experience in Key Account Management and Business Plan Development
- Broad knowledge in foodservice and catering business. Excellent written and oral communications (presentation skills).
- Computer literate.
- Enjoys working in fast-paced and demanding environment
- Able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Welcome challenges & pro-active
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top