MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
As an R&D Microbiologist your strengths align with the ability to integrate microbiological knowledge and processing to develop safe/stable formulation & process designs and deliver winning Ice Cream and Beverage products that delight our consumers and customers. A versatile role which involves working on innovative projects you will be trying to improve safety control and management in factories focusing on new techniques to do that as well as looking at novel technologies and process technologies.
- Responsibility for the successful development and implementation of R&D projects to ensure the stability and security of ice-cream and beverage products.
- To bring ‘omic’ technologies and understanding to deliver new ways of working into this Refreshment category portfolio
- Develop project proposals based on the needs of the business and the objectives set, and manage the delivery of agreed project milestones.
- Be part of and provide input into various projects and multi-disciplinary teams, which will require independent planning and execution of tasks
- Develop a network and collaborations with internal Unilever contacts, manufacturing sites, QA personnel, other Unilever microbiology expertise groups, Supply Chain / Quality to deliver and implement microbiologically safe products and processes.
- Using Microsoft Office including spreadsheets and formulas for data manipulation
- A minimum of an Honour’s Degree in Applied Microbiology or related discipline together and ideally relevant industrial R&D experience working with manufacturing sites
- A good foundation in food microbiology with a high level of scientific expertise in the physiology of microorganisms, and experience in microbiological risk assessment
- 2-3 years of experience in developing novel technologies and preservation strategies for food safety and security is desirable
- Microsoft Office including Excel with ability to create spreadsheets and formulas
- Data manipulation
- Excellent experimental , analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong team alignment to deliver to diverse customer requirements and timelines
- A self-starter, bias for action and with a strong passion to drive innovation from concept to completion
- Excellent communication, technical writing and influencing skills
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top