Marketing Manager PC Maghreb
Business Context and Main Challenges of the Job:
Business Context: Maghreb is a set of 5 countries (Morocco, Agleria, Tunisia, Libya, Maurtiania). Unilever in Personal care has a strong presence 10 brands operating across these countries. These markets are a significant opportunity for the Unilever business with market development and whitespaces being the key drivers of the future.
- The primary role of the Marketing Manager is to implement and recommend brand strategies and plans to meet growth targets for Personal Care Category across Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, and to a lesser extent, Libya, managing a wide portfolio of brands across Hair care, Oral Care, Skin cleansing, Skin Care and Deodorant categories.
- Within this role the Mkg Manager is also responsible for evaluating the overall effectiveness of the Brand Marketing Plans and monitoring performance.
- The Marketing Manager is also in charge of managing the P&L of his/her brands and will be responsible for landing the activations and innovations on time in full in the market
- The Marketing Manager participates in various cross-functional teams – and externally with local support agencies such as PR, sponsorship, activation and channel.
- S/He could lead the CCBT (Country Category Business Teams) and be the category representative for the organization’s board team.
- S/He would be leading a large team (5 ) based out of multiple geographies
Main Accountabilities :
- ·Effectively co-leads integrated Brand Marketing Plan development and deployment.
- ·Proposes brand activity and measurable objectives.
- Consults with Customer Development to set national level brand KPI’s and channel marketing
- Strategy and identify relevant in-store solutions.
- Leads the development of draft and final channel plans
- Executes activation programmes
- Develops and executes launch plans using funds efficiently to achieve measurable objectives
- Provides input to volume forecasting, financial updates and monitors key indicators and drivers of brand performance (6P’s). Recommends solutions and implement improvements to meet annual targets.
- Manages the Category P&L
- Understands consumers and shoppers on the relevant category, and is able to transform understanding into insights
- Inspires, supervises and develops brand manager/management trainee
Critical Success Factors of the Job:
- Growth mindset
- Consumer and Customer focus
- Action oriented
- Ability to drive an agenda, set direction, convince and influence key stakeholders
- Ability to work with and manage virtual teams
- Develops marketing plans
- Develops and launches relevant innovation and relaunches
- Creates integrated communication
- Monitors progress and takes action
- Minimum 6 to 9 years relevant brand marketing experience in Marketing and Customer Development.
- Business planning and implementation experience as well as project management.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top