Manufacturing Supervisor - Multiple Locations & Shifts
Please note: This is not an actual open position. By submitting your information, you are joining our talent community for future consideration of Unilever openings.
Background & Purpose of the Job
Be a part of the 170K global employees that make Unilever one of the best companies in the world to work for! Forbes has listed Unilever as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For," while MSN.com ranks us as one of the "Top 25 Companies to work for in America." One of our 400 brands is used daily by more than 2.5 billion people globally! We are looking for outstanding talent to join our factory teams located at manufacturing sites in the following locations: Arkansas, Canada, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, and Virginia.
Are you a Leader??? If so Unilever is looking for Production Supervisors to provide frontline leadership in our factories. In this role you will be responsible for driving current and future manufacturing performance in the areas of Safety, Productivity, Cost, Quality, Delivery and Morale using a World Class Manufacturing (WCM) operating framework. This includes managing the shift crew and manufacturing activities as well as working individually and on teams to identify areas of opportunity to cause beneficial change.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
This role reports to the Production Manager and in this role…
- You're a born leader: You will be managing manufacturing activities during the designated shift by leading and motivating shift employees in all areas including safety, efficiency, loss management, quality, and continuous improvement (WCM). Moreover, you will be driving Unilever SHE culture by protecting employee's health and safety, ensuring compliance of all regulatory and plant safety rules.
- You transform data into actions: You will review the production schedule, review the shift change log and confer with scheduling to determine any priority changes in production and to assess any potential obstacles to the successful completion of the schedule.
- You lead & inspire bold creative work: You will have an active role in employee relations programs on your shift and drive positive employee relations through various reward and recognition programs.
- You execute flawlessly, track & optimize: You will work closely with hourly leadership and provide clear direction for them to carry out the duties of their job. You will provide feedback to these shift leaders in order to improve the efficient operation of the shift including the assignment of labor, completion of data collection activities and the management of daily operations.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor Degree preferably in a Technical discipline such as Engineering
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of WCM or other Lean Manufacturing principles is a plus
- Ability to lead and motivate
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
To receive communication about your application, please add [email protected] to your safe senders list, and ensure your mobile phone number is correctly entered in your application.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top