Background & Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this position is to lead the Manufacturing Operations for a shift at our Ice Cream Manufacturing Site in Sikeston MO. This factory produces Unilever's well-loved ice cream brands such as Breyers, Magnum and Talenti to name a few. This position will be critical to drive performance in this high paced and cross functional environment.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
This role will report to the Manufacturing Manager and work cross functionally with other departments such as Quality, Maintenance, Engineering and Planning to run the Manufacturing Operation on a shift. You are responsible for the safety, quality, and production performance for an entire shift.
Responsibility to deliver day to day results to include:
- Ensuring that the production lines operate efficiently, safely, and manufacture a high-quality product.
- Engaging manufacturing personnel in terms of leading, coaching, and promoting the values of the business. All Supervisors are mindful of what a workplace culture is and how to maintain it in a positive manner.
- Ensuring that the Unilever's policies (handbook) and procedures are communicated and understood. Disciplinary actions, when necessary, is administered in a way that is consistent with the coaching approach of the business.
- Providing the governance function for a cluster of semi-autonomous teams, delivering management and leadership support for performance monitoring, overtime allocation, working patterns and dispute resolution.
- Understanding the factory's financial situation and use training in World Class Manufacturing methodologies and processes to drive the semi-autonomous team's work to counter losses and eradicate waste. They lead project work to support factory initiatives.
- Provide a common standard of communication and engagement across the factory and can liase closely with the core factory functions, including Manufacturing, HR, Quality and Safety to achieve this.
You're a born leader: You lead a team of employees to drive engagement and increased performance. You help drive improvement projects for operational processes understanding the end to end manufacturing process. You can interpret technical diagnostics, identify key issues and process risks, and act with speed and rigor.
You love to win, and have fun doing it: High performance site looking to continue to drive improvements in Safety, Quality, and Productivity. The teams want to succeed, and want someone they can trust to help guide them.
You're a teacher: Coaching and developing the team is critical to success. Skills for problem solving, coaching and innovating are central to the role. You are responsible for the delivery of both technical and additional training programs.
You're a change-maker: You possess the ability to drive a culture shift for high performance and collaborative teams.
You're a culture & change champion: You can instill a Safety-First Culture and change the mindset in regards to how we approach safety problems. Safety is not a singular action, but a culture change.
What You'll Need To Succeed
A Bachelor's degree is required with at least 2 years of relevant experience in leading and developing a team. Must be proficient in utilizing MS Office Tools (Excel, Word, Outlook). A good technical understanding of manufacturing, general or chemical engineering or food technology is highly preferred. The role is a critical front line leader in the plant, and will be expected to have strong interpersonal skills for their own direct reports, as well as the ability to work laterally with other departments. You will need to work cross functionally within the factory to drive plant wide results. Team leadership and team engagement is vital to the success of this role.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top