- Sikeston, MO
Background & Purpose of the Job
Unilever's ice cream and refreshment business is seeking YOU! The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for driving current and future manufacturing performance in the areas of Safety, Productivity, Cost, Quality, Delivery and Morale using TPM operating framework. This includes managing the shift crew and manufacturing activities as well as working individually and on teams to identify areas of opportunity to cause beneficial change.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
- Managing manufacturing activities during the designated shift by leading and motivating shift employees in all areas including safety, efficiency, loss management, quality, and continuous improvement (TPM).
- Meeting legislative requirements, providing instruction in regard to safety procedures and supporting plant SHEQ initiatives as required (DuPont Program, GMP, Hygiene, 5S,etc.)
- Accountable for the productivity of the site during off-shifts. This requires contacting appropriate resources for issue resolution, providing alternative duties in the event of breakdown or material shortage.
- Monitoring general performance and behavior of employees, and adjusting crewing or call in replacements as necessary. This requires interfacing with Facilities Support, Material Planning, Quality Support, Warehouse and other department supervisors to ensure efficient operation to meet plant goals.
- Utilizing Kronos Timekeeping System to maintain weekly record of hours worked, along with explanation of overtime hours worked and ensures hours worked, vacation, personal hours, absences, etc. are correctly documented so employees are paid accurately.
- Participating in the development of the annual site manufacturing budget and controlling fixed and variable cost expenditures.
- Promoting and maintaining a safety oriented culture.
- Other duties may be assigned.
You're a born leader: Fostering positive employee relations as well as identifying opportunities for improvement.
You're a strategy guru: Driving UL SHEQ culture by protecting employee's health and safety, ensuring compliance of all regulatory and plant safety rules.
You're a story teller: Regularly cascading/communicating site targets and goals from the Leadership Team to shift crews, consistently and accurately.
You're a teacher: Facilitating required training programs to employees. (SHE, TPM, QA, etc.)
What You'll Need To Succeed
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or related field preferred OR at least 5+ years' experience in CPG manufacturing or related industry.
Minimum of 2 years of Manufacturing Environment experience as a supervisor.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top