Manufacturing Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Manufacturing Supervisor – 2nd Shift
Background & Purpose of the Job:
Unilever is actively seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor (2nd shift; 3:00pm to 11:30pm) to join our factory located in New Century, Kansas. The Incumbent will be responsible for driving current and future manufacturing performance in the areas of Safety, Productivity, Cost, Quality, Delivery and Morale using Continuous Improvement operating framework. This includes managing the shift crew and manufacturing activities as well as working individually and on teams to identify areas of opportunity to cause beneficial change.
Who You Are & What You'll Do:
- You're a Born Leader: By managing manufacturing activities during the 2nd shift by leading and motivating employees in all areas including safety, efficiency, loss management, quality, and continuous improvement.
- You're a Dot Connector: By driving Unilever's Safety, Health, Environment, and Quality culture by protecting employee's health and safety, ensuring compliance of all regulatory and plant safety rules, meeting legislative requirements, providing instruction in regard to safety procedures and supporting plant initiatives as required (ex: GMP, Hygiene, 5S, etc.).
- You're a Changemaker: By being accountable for the productivity of the site during off-shifts. This requires contacting appropriate resources for issue resolution, providing alternative duties in the event of breakdown or material shortage, monitoring general performance and behavior of employees, and adjusting crewing or call in replacements as necessary. This requires interfacing with Maintenance, Material Planning, Quality Support, Warehouse and other department supervisors to ensure efficient operation to meet plant goals. This also involves the following: Facilitating required training programs to employees, Utilizing Kronos Timekeeping System to maintain weekly record of hours worked, along with explanation of overtime hours worked and ensures hours worked, vacation, personal hours, absences, etc. are correctly documented so employees are paid accurately, Regularly cascading and communicating site targets and goals from the Leadership Team to shift crews, consistently and accurately, Participating in the development of the annual site manufacturing budget and controlling fixed and variable cost expenditures, Fostering positive employee relations, including properly interpreting and administering the Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), Investigating and identifying root cause of Safety, Quality and Environmental incidents utilizing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process, and other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical, Engineering, or Supply Chain field. Master's Degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in leadership, supervising, or managing part of a manufacturing operation, or, a recent college graduate with a related internship or co-op in a leadership discipline.
- Communications: Excellent oral and written communication and effective interpersonal skills; and be able to communicate business results, changes and the relationship between individuals, their job, and the company.
- Skills Specific Training: WCM (World Class Manufacturing), SHE/Q, GMPs and other plant specific trainings.
- Proficiency with computers; MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Problem Solving: Be able to identify symptoms to problems and describe them clearly. Use systematic approach to find the root causes of problems.
- Leadership: Be pro-active and strive to develop the best practices and action plans to deal with work demands.
- Team Commitment: Build relationships and networks to ensure an effective interdependent way of working. Promotes and capitalizes the contribution of people with diverse ideas, perspectives and backgrounds.
What We Can Offer You:
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top