Manufacturing Quality Specialist- Seventh Generation
Background & Purpose of the Job
Seventh Generation is the nation's leading brand of household and personal care products that help protect human health and the environment. We believe our products are healthier solutions for the air, surfaces, fabrics, pets and people within your home-and for the community and environment outside of it.
The mission of Seventh Generation is to inspire a consumer revolution that nurtures the health of the next Seventh Generations. By establishing a talent powerhouse that brings our principles, practices and partnerships to life we will build the most trusted brand in the industry.
This position is open to all US locations - requiring easy access to a major US airport for 60-70% travel.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
The Manufacturing Quality Specialist is responsible for managing quality activities to assure ongoing achievement of product specifications at manufacturing partners and key suppliers. This role focuses on maintaining quality systems and specifications, managing issue resolution, qualification and commercialization for product improvements, driving ongoing continuous improvement and value optimization activities. This position also is responsible for performing audits relative to consumer safety, product quality, manufacturing facility environmental risk and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- You're a born leader: Build meaningful and productive relationships with Manufacturing Partners.
- You're a strategy guru: Manage implementation and oversight of quality systems to assure ongoing achievement of product specifications while ensuring and verify ongoing compliance to Unilever (UL) Quality Management Standards in third party manufacturers through KPI monitoring and no-conformance monitoring, intensive care, technical visits (as needed) and general oversight.
- You're a dot connector: Maintain and optimize product specifications, quality assurance policies and procedures and utilize lean manufacturing tools and concepts to drive cost and process optimization.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: Identify and recommend process control improvements.
- You're a teacher: Provide expertise, leadership and support in Quality management for resolution of Quality issues within manufacturing sites, engineering and material suppliers and lead or participate in Quality Expert interventions (e.g. Operational Quality Reviews, HACCP workshops, Training events such as Allergen Management, etc.)
- You're a safety advisor: Ensures consumer safety and product quality in new and existing factory sites by assessing compliance to UL Quality standards by conducting technical capability assessments, intensive care and non-conformance monitoring and providing Quality support for issue resolution
- You're a changemaker: Evaluate process capability of critical mfg processes and develop cost and process improvement plans and work with SVG Innovation Deployment Team to implement corrective action based on consumer complaints
- You're a paradox navigator: Maintain a working knowledge of applicable government and industry quality codes, certification and standards (FDA, EPA, Kosher, Organic, etc.). and manage Comparative Product testing and on-going due diligence testing of Seventh Generation products.
What You'll Need To Succeed
Bachelor's Degree in an applied science or engineering field. A minimum of five years experience in quality/operations required, preferably in a CPG environment. Demonstrated quality management experience working with contract manufacturers and/or suppliers. Strong understanding of quality systems, statistical process control, structured problem solving and continuous improvement concepts and practices. Exceptional analytical, root-cause-analysis, and decision making abilities. Knowledge of advanced manufacturing practices, lean tools. Familiarity with consumer packaging materials/systems.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top