Manufacturing Maintenance Supervisor
Background & Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this position is to manage and control the maintenance function in the plant and be responsible for all associated technical issues. Supervision of the maintenance coworkers in each production area and/or the warehouse including all labor issues, equipment breakdown repair, preventative maintenance and associated systems, monitoring and control of all maintenance costs, and maintenance of a computerized maintenance management system. The objective is to act as a support function to production to minimize line downtime, assist with process operation, and improve operational efficiency.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
- Supervise the Maintenance function and ensure that maintenance assignments are carried out in an efficient and safe manner. Perform audits of in-process and closed work orders. Supervisor maintenance staff.
- Set-up, maintain and be responsible for preventative maintenance systems, inspection routines, job scheduling, training and identification of plant improvement plans for improved efficiencies and yield.
- Control maintenance expenditures in a cost-effective way according to the site budget for site repairs, resources, direct labor, overtime and contractors.
- Organize and plan maintenance work assignments appropriately within the required timeframes.
- Champion Continuous Improvement initiatives and Safety objectives. Strive for zero incidents and ensure a people centered safety culture exists within the department.
- This position has a very significant impact to the financial and operational success of the plant. Challenges
- Urgent and emergency machine breakdown situations.• Troubleshoot technical situations where the solution is uncertain.
- Define tasks and responsibilities for maintenance labor and follow-up.
- Lead the maintenance group in efforts to become more proactive vs. reactive.
- Maintain efficient and timely maintenance activity keeping within budget requirements for total fixed costs.
- Works various work schedules to ensure maintenance coworkers on all shifts are properly supervised.
What You'll Need To Succeed
Education: Bachelor Degree, preferably in Engineering Technology or Electronic Instrumentation.Experience.
Three (3) years related experience in a manufacturing/engineering maintenance supervisory role.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top