JOB TITLE: Application Development Manager
JOB LOCATION: India (Bangalore)
FUNCTION: ETS (I&A) – Reporting and presentation
RESPONSIBLE FOR: One View Technical Development
Purpose of the Job:
The volume and complexity of data creates both challenges and opportunities for organisations. The Information & Analytics (I&A) team leads the business information and advanced analytics agenda at Unilever, working with partners, functions, categories, and geographies to harmonise decision-making and deliver technology solutions to drive business insight. Driving innovation and creativity to deliver competitive advantage is at the heart of what the I&A team delivers. The team is made up of data experts and specialists who transform data to insight using analytical tools and techniques to deliver competitive advantage.
Building industry-specific capabilities within our team and embedding a culture of analytics are key priorities for I&A. We have invested time in delivering our skills development framework which includes training programs on building the capability that adds the most value to our organisations business performance. We want to recruit the future skills that are needed to deliver data technology at the speed of business.
The core purpose of the new role is to lead and drive the development of One View, the single source of Management and Executive information at Unilever, using by over 30,000 users globally. The role is hybrid in nature and therefore, the successful candidate will need to lead on the development of new features while managing a team of Backend and Frontend Developers to deliver innovation across Laptop and Mobile devices.
The ideal person for this role should have experience working with global teams in a highly dynamic environment, with prior experience in development through Agile/Scrum. The successful candidate will report to the Lead Platform Manager.
Lead Software Development
- Leads the development of the entire application
- Lead on the development and delivery of a series of major and minor releases through the year as specified by the product roadmap
- Ensure all code components are integration to deliver end to end features through the Development, Quality Assurance, Pre Production and Productions Environments.
- Ensures the performance, quality and responsiveness of the application
- Be the lead developer for One View who can deliver innovation across the end to end technology stack
- Enhancements and evolution of the central database
- Lead and instruct junior resources and the technical develop task needed on the Database to deliver product innovation
- Ensure high performance and responsiveness of requests from the front-end
- Development of the server-side web application logic
- Integration of APIs to deliver end-to-end functionality
- Delivering code through environments
- Merging different code branches together into a single release candidate
- Manage and co-ordinate a team of 4 frontend and backend developers to deliver against release objectives
- Career Management of 4 reports including objective setting and performance appraisals
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following disciplines
- Computer Science
- Or a related degree in programming.
Key Interfaces (teams and people to engage with communicate with and influence)
OneView development team (backend, frontend)
OneView Scrum Master
OneView Product Owner
- Excellent practical experience of
- Server side CSS pre-processors (e.g. LESS, SASS)
- databases (MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Developing apps in Microsoft Azure Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Data migration, transformation and scripting
- Testing Approaches
- Delivering on multiple delivery platforms (Desktop vs. Mobile) and optimising output to match the specific platform
- Code versioning tools; i.e. Bit Bucket
- PHP, Ruby, Java, .NET
- Continuous Integration using Team City
- Management of hosting environment including database administration and scaling to support load changes
- Leading a team
- Virtual Working
- Excellent communications
- Accountability and Responsibility
- Building Talent and Teams
- 10 Years of experience working as a backend developer on Microsoft Azure based applications
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top