Background & Purpose of the Job
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for all maintenance activities of the Tea Production assets in the Suffolk factory. This includes Primary and Secondary Tea Packaging equipment as well as associated Conveyors and Palletizing equipment.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for all production equipment repair, preventative and predictive maintenance and defined WCM activities. In addition, the Maintenance Technician will act as part of the greater line team and will assist with operation of packaging equipment and relieve members of the production team as needed. The Maintenance Technician is a member of the Planned Maintenance Pillar and reports to the Production Supervisor. This individual possesses strong teamwork, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, as well as a high mechanical ability and trouble shooting skills.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Report and correct unsafe conditions
- 5 years of top grade electrical or mechanical experience
- All job functions are to be performed in compliance with the plant's safety & quality assurance programs
- Perform all work in compliance with plant lockout/tagout procedures and alternate energy control
- Knowledge and proper use of all equipment necessary to performing the assigned job
- Achieve minimum mechanical comprehension score for Maintenance Technician assessments
- Successful completion and assessment for shop skills (welding, grinding, machining) and basic Electrical Training determined by business needs
- Successful completion of Tea Packaging equipment training modules e.g. General Theory of Line Operations, Data Collection, Perfecta, Secondary Pkg.
- Successful completion of fork lift and verti-lift training determined by business needs
- Bending, stooping, reaching, climbing and descending ladders, and the ability to lift 50 lbs.
Responsibilities of the role (not inclusive):
- Maintain all Tea Packaging equipment (primary and secondary) as assigned
- Perform all required Cleaning, Inspection, and Lubrication tasks as defined by the WCM plan
- Support all equipment changeover activities including documentation
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment problems
- Perform machine breakdown repairs and PM activities
- Develop Preventative Maintenance procedures as required
- Perform basic Electrical and PLC troubleshooting (teach sensors, replace sensors, cord/plug components, etc.)
- Partner with multi-craft teams to complete major repairs or PMs
- Replace machine parts working to tolerances of + 0.002 inches
- Troubleshoot and resolve production line bottlenecks
- Maintain Equipment/Area spares, tools inventory (shadow boards/5S)
- Input required information into data collection systems
- Initiate and complete all work within the plant CMMS
- Ability to search for and locate spare parts in inventory and retrieval system
- Document material defects and submit required reports to QA
- Execute periodic cleaning tasks for equipment areas and document task completion
- Utilize CMMS system to document periodic scheduled tasks (CIL, Training, etc.)
- Perform THA, safety risk assessments for responsible equipment
- Perform periodic safety inspections as required
- Report safety issues through consistent use of safety F-tag processes
- Support AM Implementation (Skills Training, Corrective Maintenance, AM4-5 Module Training and Development, Simplification Activities)
- Deliver assigned PM Pillar actions (RCA, Data Maintenance, KPI updates, FI's)
- Support OPL process with peer to peer learning activities
- Develop SOPs for responsible equipment and area
- Participate in AM/5S implementation in maintenance areas (shop, other mechanical)
- Candidates selected for the role will have 2 performance reviews during the onboarding process. The 1st review will be at 90 days (3 months) and the 2nd review will be 180 days (6 months) after the 1st performance review. Candidates must achieve 2 successful performance reviews in order to continue in the role.
- Comply with all company and plant rules as outlined in the employee handbook and adhere to the "Cardinal Rules
- Comply with site GMP requirements and Quality Requirement
- Complete all other assigned duties.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top