Maintenance Reliability Technician - 2nd Shift
Attention!!! Unilever is hosting a Job Fair on Saturday, August 12, 2017. The Job Fair starts at 8:00am and ends at 11:00am. The factory is located at 2900 W. Truman Blvd, Jefferson City, MO, 65109. With your manufacturing skills you could join our talent powerhouse! Please come to our Job Fair!
Unilever, Jefferson City is looking for highly skilled, energetic, and dedicated team members. Locally we produce Dove, Suave, Vaseline Intensive Care, TresSemme, Nexxus, St. Ives and Axe shampoo/conditioner, lotion and body wash. We represent 75% of the volume for all of these brands sold across North America!
Please Note: Applicants must apply on-line prior to the Job Fair at www.unilever.com/careers.
Maintenance Reliability Technician – 2nd Shift
Background & Purpose of the Job:
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Reliability Technician to support the Maintenance Department at our Jefferson City, Missouri Plant. The specific shift is night shift (6pm to 6:15am; 12 hour shifts; 2/3 rotation). The incumbent will continue developing mechanical and electrical skills while supporting daily packaging production needs and Continuous Improvement initiatives. All company employees must conduct company business in every instance in accordance with the highest standards of ethical business conduct. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
Who You Are & What You'll Do:
- Actively support the plant's Continuous Improvement initiative by completing all scheduled training and assigned responsibilities, including all training related to the 10 pillars of WCM (world class manufacturing) as applicable.
- Good mechanical aptitude and effective use of basic hand tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair all minor mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic problems with minimal assistance.
- Experience with electrical control circuits and an electrical drive system is a plus.
- Ability to utilize all math skills, such as basic math, geometry and algebra to complete necessary job tasks.
- Ability to understand equipment blueprints, schematics, procedures etc.
- Fork lift, work heights, and confined space training certified as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Graduate of a 2-year post secondary program in Industrial Mechanic/Electricity, or, successful completion of a formal apprenticeship program, or, 3 years of directly related experience can be substituted for post secondary education.
- Basic computer skills (MS Windows Platform; MS Outlook for email).
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must work scheduled overtime and night shift as required (6pm to 6:15am; 12 hour shifts; 3 days on/2 off rotation).
- Must be flexible within pattern of shift work to accommodate factory shut down, training courses etc. and emergency cover.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top