Maintenance Planner-1st Shift
- Covington, TN
- Comply with all company and plant rules. Participate in plant safety, health & environment initiatives and continuous improvement activities.
- Responsible for supporting the Continuous Improvement Process through participation, addressing and closing issues timely; initiate improvement projects based upon review of maintenance data.
- Responsible for identification, implementation and follow up on productivity improvements in areas such as parts spending, machine downtime and labor (mechanical) expenditure.
- Responsible for continually improving maintenance performance levels in outputs, quality, safety, HACCP, WCM, and general loss reduction through training and follow up.
- Must be familiar with Mechanical and Electrical parts. Non-maintenance personnel will be required to successfully complete the maintenance exam
- Responsible for compliance to all policies, procedures, safety, quality and sanitation rules and government regulations.
- Be proficient on CMMS software and responsible for training mechanical personnel in the use of the site CMMS system.
- Assist and recommend new projects and methods to minimize costs while ensuring accurate systems.
- Assign maintenance personnel work via CMMS as required.
- Manage the parts inventory system. This includes entering or supervising the entry of all parts transactions such as purchase orders, issues, returns, and inventory adjustments. This also includes managing blocked invoices.
- Track and assess mechanical efficiency and maintenance costs
- Track and update the site CMMS program (including lubrication, inspections, shutdown work)
- Plan and schedule overhaul and shutdown work
- Maintain equipment repair histories (including mean time between failures, costs, etc.)
- Generate site KPI reports with regards to effective maintenance
- Coordinate outside contractors, as necessary
- Interact with other departments as required.
- Complete all other assigned duties.
- Work with maintenance group and vendors to ensure necessary parts are on hand while minimizing overall inventory value.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top