Maintenance Mechanic - Suffolk, VA
- Norfolk, VA
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for maintaining production assets within the factory. This includes Primary and Secondary Tea Packaging equipment as well as associated Conveyors and Palletizing equipment. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for all repair, preventative and predictive maintenance and defined WCM activities. In addition, the Maintenance Technician will act as part of the greater line team and will assist with operation of packaging equipment and relieve members of the production team as needed. The Maintenance Technician is a member of the Planned Maintenance Pillar and reports to the Production Supervisor. This individual possesses strong teamwork, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, as well as a high mechanical ability and trouble shooting skills.
- Maintain all tea packaging equipment (primary and secondary) as assigned.
- Perform all required Cleaning, Inspection, and Lubrication tasks as defined by the WCM plan
- Support all equipment changeover activities including documentation
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment problems
- Perform machine breakdown repairs and PM activities
- Develop Preventative Maintenance procedures as required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Perform basic Electrical and PLC troubleshooting (teach sensors, replace sensors, cord/plug components, etc.)
- Partner with multi-craft teams to complete major repairs or PMs
- Replace machine parts working to tolerances of +0.002 inches
- Troubleshoot and resolve production line bottlenecks
- Maintain Equipment/Area spares, tools inventory (shadow boards/5S)
- Input required information into Data Collection systems
- Initiate and complete all work within the plant CMMS
- Ability to search for and locate spare parts in inventory and retrieval system
- Document material defects and submit required reports to QA
- Execute periodic cleaning tasks for equipment areas and document task completion
- Utilize CMMS system to document periodic scheduled tasks (CIL, Training, etc.)
- Perform THA, safety risks assessments for responsible equipment
- Perform periodic safety inspective as required
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Four (4) or more years related work experience within an operations environment with a strong mechanical/technical skillset preferred
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top