Maintenance Mechanic- D-Shift- Independence, MO
- Independence, MO
Maintenance Mechanic D Shift
D-shift hours- Thurs/Fri/Sat and every other Wednesday - 7:00pm-7:30am shift
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Maintenance Packaging mechanic is responsible for ensuring maximum availability of production plant across the Sourcing Unit utilizing excellent technical skills for improvements and modifications and sound application of WCM methodology. All actions must contribute to the delivery of operational KPIs (Productivity, Quality, Safety, Health and Environment, Cost, Delivery, Morale and Innovation. They must be a mentally agile and advanced problem solver who can maximize machinery operations whilst minimizing waste. The Maintenance Packaging Mechanic must be able to coach and develop the Machine Operator's and Skilled Operator's core technical awareness and skills.
What You'll Need to Succeed
Must possess both a Mechanical and Electrical Manufacturing background:
- Mechanical Skills and Focused Technician; knowledge and application of technical skills and expertise to ensure the provision of effective engineering support within the team, focused on delivering performance targets. Directly contributes to improved safety, quality, sustainability and cost.
- Preventative Maintenance Specialist and user of Condition Based Monitoring.
- Fully Operational on mechanics, pneumatics and motion control.
- Electrical Skills and Diagnostic Technician; Remove and replace major electrical components (such as motors, switch/control gear) and troubleshoot wire and rewire relay logic safely. Basic PLC knowledge to assist in troubleshooting. Able to isolate machinery and re-install electrical components
- Establish power distribution systems and electrical control circuits.
- Install electrical drive systems and Control Loops.
- Safety - Utilize appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
- Continuous Improvement - Use performance measures to identify and prioritize losses in production area and to improve Maintenance performance.
- Problem Solving - Ability to identify, prioritize and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) is Required/ 2 to 4-year degree in industrial technology or related field is Preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience in the field of maintenance
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
- Experience of manufacturing in a Fast-Moving Consumer Goods Company and World Class Manufacturing.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top