SUMMARY: Maintain, monitor and repair facilities/manufacturing equipment to ensure their reliable and safe operation. Support maintenance FLMs through training activities, work assignments, shift reporting and meeting facilitation. Support WCM; this includes supporting 7S, the PM Pillar and its sub teams, the AM pillar and its sub teams, and all other pillars as necessary. Support HAZMAT.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.):
- Ensure that our required safety and GMP practices are being followed at all times.
- Oversee shift mechanics, ensuring that breakdowns, PM’s and other work requests are being addressed timely and effectively.
- Plan, perform and/or oversee preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Plan and perform routine system evaluations of mechanical equipment, identifying performance trends or issues and recommending courses of action.
- Resolve equipment malfunctions by performing break down analysis, identifying the root cause and taking corrective action.
- Design and fabricate changes to equipment to enhance process performance.
- Interpret and ensure compliance with building codes and regulations on projects.
- Participate on WCM teams including PM pillar teams, AM pillar teams and all others as required.
- Develop procedures for preventive maintenance of process systems and equipment.
- Develop and conduct training modules.
- Lead shift meetings.
- All other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in leadership role
Must have a minimum of 4 year’s experience in a manufacturing environment to be a fully trained, advanced maintenance technician with knowledge of all manufacturing equipment, packaging equipment, and building systems.
- Strong mechanical industrial skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills for all manufacturing equipment, packaging equipment, and building systems.
- Advanced abilities and knowledge in one of the following areas – mechanical, electrical, controls, and refrigeration.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to train others and lead teams effectively.
- Intermediate computer skills to include Microsoft office applications, Informance and SAP Maintenace.
- Ability to lead and present trainings to small teams and establishing a strong follow up initiative.
- Flexible work hours to accommodate business needs.
- Basic project management skills sufficient to effectively work cross-functionally with other departments to adhere to time lines.
- Comply with all Safety and GMP guidelines (examples but not limited to):
o Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
o Lockout Tagout (LOTO)
o Working at Heights
o Fire Prevention
o Machine Guarding
- Required to occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Manufacturing environment – working on the manufacturing floor and be exposed to mechanical operations and cleaning and caustic solutions.
- Maintenance environment – working in a maintenance shop using power tools, bench tools, and various machinery is required.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top