Background & Purpose of the Job
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to be part of a winning team? Unilever is recruiting for a Machine Operator (2nd and 3rd Shifts) to join our ice cream factory located in Henderson, Nevada.
On any given day, two billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life. With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways. Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products. Unilever is the world's No.1 Ice Cream manufacturer offering a high class brand selection to all customer groups as well as to all occasions. We produce iconic brands such as Ben & Jerry's, Magnum, Popsicle, Breyers, Klondike, and Good Humor.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
The Machine Operator is responsible for the safe operation of production equipment to deliver customer requirements through completion of the production plan, adhering to SQOC.She/he is expected to carry out cleaning and inspection activities and record any issues/problems with the equipment to pass to the Technical Operator to resolve. The Machine Operator should master the operation of a series of machines in order to provide factory resilience.
- You're a dot connector: Not only do you understand your role, but you have the ability to connect how your daily actions contribute to the larger success of the factory as a whole.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: Never accepting defeat, you're up for challenges and problem solving on a daily basis.
- You're a teacher: Teamwork is key, and we all have great experience and skills that we can share with others. You are a team player who understands the importance of teaching others and helping them succeed.
- You're a changemaker: Always believing we can improve, you are constantly seeking ways to improve upon existing operations.
What You'll Need To Succeed
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Continuous Improvement – knowledge and understanding of the key principles of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) and an awareness of the tools used to identify and prioritize losses
- Problem Solving – A working knowledge of how to identify, prioritize, and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence
- Decision Making – Can make decisions to reject non-compliant products and to support the work plan for the day
- Teamwork – Must be a good team player capable of working within a highly effective team; responsible, supportive and able to communicate effectively
- Administration – Conducts effective hand-over activities and records accurately events that have occurred during shift (cases packed/rejects/maintenance conducted, etc.)
Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Varying temperatures and a warm, wet environment
- Chemical use and handling
- Lifting up to 50 pounds; position will require individuals to lift an average of 30-50 boxes per hour, weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasional pushing/pulling up to 80 pounds
- Must be available to work overtime, extended shifts and alternate schedules
- Required to wear company-furnished safety equipment and uniform
- Work in loud environments while utilizing proper safety equipment
- Working at heights above 4 feet
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Repetitive motions including bending, kneeling, twisting, pushing, pulling
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top