Logistics Operations Specialist - Yard Management - EC Hub
- Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Background and Purpose of the Job
The Logistics Operations Yard Management Specialist maximizes the value realized from assigned third-party transportation and yard management logistics providers through rigorous application of Unilever Best Practice for Relationship Management. This is achieved by managing providers against explicit definition of OTIF requirements, continuously improving the providers' performance through capability enhancement.
The Yard Management specialist will responsible for the yard management budget at all plants and distributions centers. They will also be responsible for the processing and validation of all yard management invoices.
They will also be the resident SME in Unilever's NA Yard Management System.
Who You are and What You'll Do
- You're a strategy guru: You will assess near-term (1 to 3-month horizon) transportation capacity demand and determine required resources. You will secure additional capacity, as required, by working with the Unilever LogisticsProcurement Team. You will also provide and analyze performance KPI's, supplier strengths and areas for growth opportunities for existing suppliers under contract
- You're a changemaker: You will continuously develop and improve the capabilities and performance of assigned transportation providers. You will monitor performance against agreed Key Performance Indicators (including On-Time, Carrier Acceptance, Safety & CO2 reduction), EDI (204,210, 214's) compliance, communicate needs and expectations, and lead provider improvement process. You will monitor patterns and trends on operation effectiveness and efficiency. You will identify improvement opportunities and recommend action plan and implement as agreed.
- You're a dot connector: You will drive the integration of Provider with customer or materials management strategy and plans. You will work closely with internal and external teams
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: You will resolve all transportation claims exceptions. Maintain Routing Guides in 3PL Transportation System. You will support operational challenges for assigned pod, including; problem carriers, carrier claims, action plans, broken/tampered seal process, poor lane performance.
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in required for consideration.
- 2+ years of experience in Logistics, Planning, or Manufacturing Operations.
- You will need to be a results-oriented, innovative think with a focus on continuous improvement. Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary to effectively interact with all levels of management. You will need the ability to work in a challenging business environment, demonstrating flexibility by managing numerous priorities concurrently. Finally, you will need advanced experience with Microsoft Excel.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top