Logistics Lead- BCS Canada/ Warehousing & Transportation Coordinator
Description: Logistics Lead - Warehousing & Transportation Coordinator (Canada)
Location: Toronto Canada
OUR GROWTH IS POWERED BY PLANTS,OUR FUTURE IS POWERED BY YOU
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? If yes, we are looking for top talent that are passionate foodies that also believe in the power of the plants for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
In 2015 the Spreads division created a new standalone company, the Baking, Cooking and Spreads (BCS) organisation that changed from operating as a Global Brand Led Organisation. It was an enabler to break down silos, to be more marketing facing and consumer connected. It unleashed a new leaner and more agile organisation with an experienced cross-functional leadership team with full accountability for the brands P&L.
So What Next?
On Friday 15 th December, it was announced that Unilever was to sell the Spreads business to KKR and the transfer of ownership is expected to take place in July 2018. KKR are committed to supporting the business' growth ambition, while continuing to follow Unilever's responsible sourcing policies, including working towards the goal of sourcing 100 per cent sustainable palm oil by 2019."
Support NA Procurement Head & RM Procurement Manager in coordination of procurement resources and leveraging global and cluster supplier network to deliver on supply chain and North American and global targets
Key Responsibility Areas:
The Logistics specialist is responsible for the logistics operations across the Canadian geography, including primary, inbound, warehousing and secondary transport, ensuring service to factories & customers at the right cost, as well as implementing improvement projects.
Operation activities (¬60%):
- Supervising transport planning activity of 3PLs
- Daily coordination with factories, warehouses, carriers, customer service
- Performance monitoring against plans and cost
- Support factories and customer service with special/express shipments and late notice requests/changes
- Solve and monitor any service issues and inform relevant Unilever teams if necessary on both Transport and Warehousing
- Supporting Customer Service for any transport or stock issues, special shipment, late notice requests related to customers
- Solve quality issues and prevent re-occurrence (incl. work with other functions ie R&D, Suppliers...etc)
- Capacity planning short and mid-term (working with Demand Planning, CS) for both Transport and Warehousing
- Monitoring the aging of the stocks in the warehouse and help the business to sell out stocks before expires
- Lead month-end and Quarter-end activities and reconciliations with the 3PLs.
Cost and Service monitoring and improvement activities (¬30%):
- Monitor, identify and implement improvement opportunities on Cost and Service
- Support the evaluation and selection of new 3PLs if and when applicable
- Validate and approve 3PL invoices for payment, monitor logistics cost development against target
- Operate the Returns/Refusals process, incl. customer claims
- Stock difference clarification
- Over-/Under-delivery management
System and other activities (¬10%):
- Ensure the simplified intake process with EDI messages from factories are working
- Preparation for Stocktake & execution
- Coordinate stock write-offs with 3PL and finance team (suspense account and stocktake results) Maintaining Logistics master-data (country and customer specific)
- University degree
- Supply Chain and/or Logistics experience in FMCG, or other relevant industry Retailer or 3PL environment
- Science, Engineering or Economics degree, ideally with a Logistics or Supply Chain element
- 2-4 Years minimum experience in Supply Chain operations with a logistics experience
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top