Kroger Omni Manager
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Omnichannel Manager is responsible for embedding eCommerce business operations into the way we manage customer development at Kroger, and rapidly growing Unilever's omnichannel turnover and share.
The Omni Mgr. will collaborate with the team members from Digital Business Operations, Pureplay, and Global eCom to develop an informed point of view on what is needed to drive eCommerce growth at Kroger, with an overt focus on Click & Collect (Click List). The Omni Mgr. will engage with across the CD team and customer contacts responsible for Kroger's digital business to understand the main barriers to Unilever's growth on Kroger's digital platforms, and the key jobs-to-be-done to drive commercial results for Unilever. In partnership with key CD team members, the Omni Mgr. will determine the retailer-specific goals, areas of opportunity, JBP items, and solutions, and work across the Kroger CD team to execute and drive results. The Omni Mgr. must understand the most effective drivers of consumer engagement, conversion, and repeat on Click List, and help the team & the customer to apply the right assortment, content, marketing, and operational support across all categories to drive disproportionate growth for Unilever. S/he will drive accountability for Turnover, Share, and Perfect Store Online metrics within the Kroger team. S/he needs to be an eCommerce expert who can navigate both Unilever and the customer organization effectively to accelerate omnichannel sales at Kroger. The Omni Mgr. will become the 'go to' expert on the team for omnichannel eCommerce strategy & execution, and a key digital talent for the future.
Develop the Plan:
- Partner with the CMI field business partner to understand eCommerce insights at Kroger and commercialize them with the customer
- Work with Shopper Marketing on fully-integrated customer plans to capture share of the evolving shopper
- Pragmatically identify opportunities to accelerate omni sales in-year by leveraging our portfolio, insights into the shopper path to purchase, and our eCom CnC learnings & best practices across other customers and markets
Be an Operator:
- Identify & evaluate content, in-stock, assortment, and other opportunities through regular Walk the Store Online (weekly), routine analytics on digital sales data, and competitive benchmarking review (digesting L2 Big Box Digital IQ Index and Kantar retailer rankings)
- Deliver eCommerce Turnover, Share, and Perfect Store Online goals by establishing eCommerce fundamentals, prioritizing opportunities for quick growth, and operating the business in partnership other CBMs (e.g. ensuring retailer takes 7OA & closing 7OA content gap, improving customer's in-stock performance, retailer.com assortment review, Search performance, etc.)
- Ensure that ePOS data is secured in alignment with eCom channel reporting requirements
- Apply key eCommerce best practices around content, traffic, conversion in conjunction with core CD practices such as holistic customer investment management, forecasting, promotions, and analytics
Be a Change Agent: Help the Kroger team pivot faster to the high-growth eCommerce channel by creating and embedding business processes to support omnichannel CD. You will partner closely with cross-functionals to shift the organizational mindset to embrace and excel at omni-channel business management.
- Develop Capabilities: In this key role you will be responsible for developing practices on the Kroger CD team (e.g. eCom assortment strategy, Click & Collect management, Shipt engagement) in partnership with the eCom Digital Business Operations and CD Learning teams.
- Invent, Simplify, and Scale: Identify process or organizational problems that slow down the team and the channel pivot, and use your business knowledge and problem-solving skills to put scalable solutions in place to help the team make progress.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years' experience in CPG or Retail industry, including roles in sales or customer development
- Working knowledge of eCommerce retail basics, traffic & conversion drivers, Search, the consumer's path to purchase journey, and omni-channel retailer models
- Experience interfacing with the customer and owning commercial goals
- Prior eCommerce or omni-channel experience
- Heavy analytical and data-driven decision-making experience Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top