Key Account Manager, Kroger
About Us: In December 2017, it was announced that Unilever was to sell its Spreads business (Country Crock, "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!", Imperial, Brummel & Brown, Pure Blends) to KKR. The transfer of ownership will take place in July 2018, and we are building a new plant based food company. KKR is committed to supporting the business' growth ambition, while continuing to follow Unilever's responsible sourcing policies . We are on a mission to help people eat healthy and to reduce carbon footprint through the power of plants! If you would like to join us, read on!
Job Summary: The primary purpose of the Key Account Manager (KAM) position is to drive profitable growth with Kroger ahead of category growth and to develop sustained business relationships. The KAM is responsible for achieving volume goals while maintaining spending goals and building a joint business plan with Kroger.
- Manage the business relationship with Kroger team and stakeholders.
- Act as the primary liaison on all category business issues both internal and external.
- Work closely with Upfield Foods teams: Marketing, Shopper Marketing, Category Management, Supply Chain, etc.
- Coordinate Annual Planning efforts, including negotiating and executing Joint Business Plans.
- Drive trade investment effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop corporate marketing and merchandising programs.
- Champion and drive strategic selling initiatives with the Kroger account.
Skills & Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree is required.
- Proven account management experience with a key customer within CPG industry is a must.
- Trade Marketing and Category Management experience is a plus.
- Must be skilled in verbal and written communications.
- Must be able to effectively relate with multiple levels of management, internally and externally.
- Must be a strategic thinker that can work effectively, and in a highly collaborative environment.
- Must have strong relationship building and management skills.
- Strong experience with Excel and Powerpoint.
- Working knowledge of POS Reporting systems (Nielsen, IRI, Customer-Specific) and Sales Planning Systems.
What you'll get:
- Opportunity to work with iconic brands .
- Competitive compensation package including base salary & bonus structure.
- Competitive benefits package.
- We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team, part of a multi-billion dollar global business, with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
- If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the CPG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top