IT VIP Technical Lead
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently recruiting an IT VIP Technical Lead within our IT function at our London Headquarters (100 VE).
The IT function is a core component of the way in which the company operates and as such has long believed in the provision of a Premium IT Service to the most senior leadership in the company. The service spans the globe in terms of coverage and is mainly concentrated in the UK.
The main purpose of the VIP Technical Lead role is to support the IT manager as a strong technical expert for the Executive & VIP IT Support Service that is in place for the most senior users and their assistants within the business. This also covers the Board of the company and associated Corporate functions that demand a more focussed level of Service.
Key to role is to understand the key interfaces into Global IT Innovation & Service Operations within scope of responsibility and work effectively with these teams in the delivery of technical solutions and innovation to the business.
The VIP Technical Lead must understand the plans for IT in his/her area of responsibility and will participate in the achievement of these plans.
The focus points of the job are:
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for the Service in technical IT matters.
- Supporting the team of IT Specialists with knowledge, best practice and training to enable the team to deliver a world class customer experience.
- Working closely with the internal Service Operations teams to establish Roadmaps, planned projects and any change activities.
- Forming impact assessments for all change related activities to the Service customer base
- To be passionate about the service, the customers and about useful adoption of technology to delivery productivity gains and improve customer satisfaction.
- To ensure rigorous assessments are carried out to minimise any impact as a result of IT change activities
- To have a very strong and demonstrable customer satisfaction mindset.
The key accountabilities of the IT VIP Technical Lead are as follows:
- Mature approach with appreciation for the support demands of Senior & Executive level personnel
- Experience in dealing with Executive level personal on all aspects of front line support
- Large Company experience and working with corporate functions such as Finance, Board, Investor Relations, Mergers & Acquisitions, Taxation, Legal and HR etc.
- Requirement to travel to Corporate Centre sites to support travelling Executives, occasional offsite event travel.
- Hands on, can do approach with the ability to work within a team.
- Able to support on call / shift working to enable delivery of an extended cover support service when necessary
- Ability to demonstrate innovations and forward thinking skills to deliver new and more efficient tools and ways of working to the user community.
- Must be able to prioritise workload and perform well under pressure.
- Incident trend analysis and associated Root cause and Problem management.
- Good written and verbal communication skills adequate to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Skilled in creation/maintenance of Technical and topology documentation & Service Definitions.
- Proficient in process design and ongoing improvements to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Facilitating special requests for upgrades and non-standard requests.
Essential Technical Capability:
- Expert in Windows (7, 8.1, 10) & Active Directory, Servers, monitoring etc
- Expert in File & Print using managed Print services.
- Expert in Server VM Technologies
- Good understanding of Office 365 technologies such as Exchange, OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business, SharePoint Online.
- Excellent understanding of Mac OSX
- Excellent understanding of iOS and Android devices
- Experience integrating Macs into a Windows landscape including AD binding, network accounts, print, remote access and security protocols
- Good understanding of Adobe Creative applications
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office for Mac 2016 & Lync for Mac and others
- Understanding of computer management using Microsoft tooling and MDM Configuration Profiles
- Understanding of LAN/WAN environments using TCP/IP, VPNs, DNS & DHCP
- Ability to recognise and communicate global implications of changes within the team
- Training skills to coach and mentor the team in best practice and thorough support techniques.
- Ability to design and manage a full customer database of profile, assets, work styles and team etc.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Good knowledge of SAAS/Cloud Technologies and market leaders.
- Application packaging methodology using Microsoft deployment.
- ITIL foundation Certification or greater.
- Good understanding of Casper Suite / certification to CCT level
- Good understanding of Apple Deployment technologies: DEP & VPP
- Ability to script in one or more of the following: Bash, Applescript, Python
- Previous packaging experience of Mac applications especially Adobe Products
- Previous experience working within a creative design or marketing environment.
REQUIRED LEADERSHIP BEHAVIOURS
- Growth Mindset
- Consumer & Customer Focus
- Bias for Action
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow – making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
HOW TO APPLY
Hear stories from our Unilever Makers and understand how you can start your own Unilever career at: http://www.unilever.co.uk/careers-jobs/professionals/.
Or to apply now, click on “Apply to this job”. All candidate applications are reviewed in accordance with the criteria outlined for the job role.
Candidates who have applied online can track their application through the candidate tracking link or, if you have any additional queries, you may contact the Recruitment hotline number on 0800 0284390.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top