IT Manager - CD IT Dev Ops
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job:
- Responsible for project/program management for multiple and concurrent business/mission critical projects.
- Matrix manage project activities across all participating functional areas. Project assignments could be broad in nature requiring conceptualization and initiative Plan and supervise activities for multiple, small-scale and large-scale projects.
- Set and manage project expectations ensuring all applicable functional areas are engaged on the project Initiate and drive project planning activities such as Statement of Work and Management (WBS, Project Change Control, SOW), Stakeholder Identification and matrix Human Resource Management, Risk & Issues Management, Communication Management, etc.
- Create and maintain a project schedule for each project by identifying and monitoring Resource Estimates, Overall Project Timeline, Project Milestones, Task Dependencies, Critical Path
- Control and track project performance in respect to Time, Cost, and Quality by constantly evaluating project progress, conducting regular team status meetings, reporting project status on periodic basis to management and the project team, executing an updating management plans as necessary, resolving and documenting issues Responsible for application devops for multiple and concurrent business/mission critical projects.
- Matrix manage application development and stability across all participating functional areas. Application management is global in nature requiring handling incidents, problems and enhancements for a critical order-to-cash application.
Key Result Areas:
- Application development and stability review and update through all relevant stakeholders mainly with Leadership Team.
- Drive team to meet deliverables on time and on budget for enhancements
- Handle different country users and drive large scale enterprise projects with solution delivery Teams.
- Coordinate and lead Country and business engagements to drive continuous service improvements.
- 7-8 years of previous application development and management experience specific to Distributor Management systems. Retail information technology and should have done atleast one devops role before
- Extensive experience dealing with Multiple Geographical, different enterprise solution, Vendor Management.
- Solid knowledge of and demonstrated experience in application and project management processes and resultant methodologies.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in the development and customer development projects lifecycles (E.g., waterfall, RUP, Agile, etc.) mainly on Agile.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Comfortable in ambiguous and fast paced environment.
- Able to operate at a high level while willing to work on intimate details of a situation
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Organization and time management skills – operates independently with minimal guidance by management.
- ITIL and Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification are desired certifications.
- Masters Degree in management, technology or business-related field
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel.
BE/MBA (Masters’ Degree preferred from premier institutes)
- Knowledge of Customer Development process
- Knowledge of DMS and FMCG Domain
- Fluent written and oral English Skills
- Good Analytical Skills
Critical success Factors for the Job:
- Application Stability and development of incremental functionality in the markets On time In full
- Client Satisfaction
- Meet SLA, Incident , Problem KPIs as defined
- Deliver incremental functionality (product enhancement)
- Within the budget and minimal disruption to business processes
- Ensuring change management from the program and business continuity perspective
- Solution harmonisation and adherence to best practice standards
- Experience in global application and project management
- Experience in building and managing teams in a diverse and extended environment
- Strong appreciation of the processes and challenges facing the customer being partnered
- Experience of managing external service providers delivering projects and support
- Deep appreciation of IT systems landscapes and impact of architecture decisions on quality and delivery
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top