Internship CMI Skin Cleansing & Baby Care
The Consumer & Market Insights (CMI) function’s mission is to actively inspire and provoke the business towards growth opportunities.
The role of the CMI team is to deliver the mission through partnering the Marketing and Customer Development teams. This comes down to the delivery of foresight (trends) and consumer insights, with the aim to grow the business.
Ways to increase our understanding of markets and consumers is by using market and consumer panel data, conducting consumer research and rolling out strategic market research.
To support the Global Skin Cleansing and Baby Care team with market and consumer analyses and reporting, we are looking for an enthusiastic intern with strong analytic skills, a winner mentality, and a passion to unravel consumer behavior.
You will be located in the Unilever head office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and will work in close cooperation with your manager for the Global Skin Cleansing team – covering a wide range of primarily European, but also global brands.
Internship CMI Skin Cleansing & Baby Care
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Operate in a professional manner, and learn to apply CMI tools and techniques with rigor and discipline.
- Help to prepare workshops, trainings, strategic research presentations and consumer interviews for the marketing teams.
- Work close with your manager in Rotterdam and the CMI team in London, on several global Baby Care and Skin Cleansing ad-hoc research projects. The aim is to bring “the outside world” in thinking, be the consumer conscience and voice.
- Also be able to work very independent and deliver fact based, objective views of the business.
- Learn to understand brand development to a level which enables you to help the CMI team to advise the business on advertising development, brand positioning, shopper behavior and market movements.
- You will be responsible for supporting CMI on various ad hoc projects and monthly business reporting (such as shares, penetration and brand equity) with the focus on creating valuable insights by analyzing markets, companies, products, brands and consumers, using several information sources.
- You will further support your CMI manager in the Skin Cleansing category in his day-to-day work, so you will get to see the varied activities of a CMI job.
Skills & Experience
- You are in the finalizing phase of your study, doing a master in (business) Economics, Marketing or Consumer Psychology. A master in market research is a pre, but not required.
- Essential is your ability to learn quickly on the job and to understand and assess research methodologies, numbers and data.
- You have experience with (market) research during your studies, including analyzing data and turning these into clear conclusions.
- You like to work in (virtual) teams and feel comfortable to connect with people in a complex organizational network.
- You are independent, creative, and have good communication skills.
- You are proven highly experienced in working with Excel
- You are fluent in English.
- You are available for a practical internship for at least 6 months. Start date is as soon as possible.
- Analytical Ability
- Influencing others
- External orientation / Customer orientation
- Team Commitment
We offer you a dynamic environment in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together. There are good opportunities to pursue your professional and personal goals and develop yourself on national and international level.
How to apply
To apply, you must do so online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch shortly to provide you with an update on the status of your application. For any additional queries, please contact Leon Pagrach via [email protected]
On any given day, two billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life. With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways. Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names such as Andrélon, Blue Band and Conimex.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top