Field of Responsibility:
1. Provides preventive, scheduled, and emergency instrumentation and electrical support to all production processes in food processing plant environment.
2. Installs, calibrates, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains plant control, process control instrumentation and related equipment. This equipment maybe mechanical, pneumatic, electrical or electronic.
3. Work includes installing, calibrating, testing, repairing, cleaning and troubleshooting associated equipment. Type of equipment include transmitters, PID controllers, solenoid valves, pneumatic controllers and positioners, switch gears, solid state controls, relays, switches, contactors, indicating lights, and programmable logic controllers and SCADA systems.
4. Installs, wires, troubleshoots, programs and may design programs for plant programmable controllers. It includes temperatures, pressure and flow systems.
5. Installs, calibrates and repairs primary sensing devices such as thermocouples, pressure switches, temperature switches, gauges, level switches, transmitters, level devices, etc.
6. Works from and interprets schematics, blueprints, diagrams, loop drawings, P& ID’s, computer system and specifications. Updates and corrects diagrams and documentation.
7. Implement addition or modifications of instrumentation control systems and components used in manufacturing or processing of company products. Identifies instrumentation, electrical or electronic processes required to accommodate future growth.
8. Provides scheduling and for calibration vendors to ensure timely completion and quality of work for equipment/ instruments.
9. Assists instrument owners in completing calibration requests for new equipment (work with users to termine appropriate ranges and accuracy) as well as the timely repair/ replacement of faulty instruments.
10. Maintains and troubleshoots plant uninterruptible power supply system.
11. Identifies, isolates, and diagnoses failures using various types of test equipment.
13. Installs, maintains and troubleshoots plant phone and LAN systems.
14. Maintains and troubleshoots plant uninterruptible power supply system.
15. Maintains plant fire alarm/ suppression systems and security CCTV.
16. May prepare technical reports with recommendations for solutions to technical problems.
17. Maintains all logs and required documentation.
18. Determines measurements and develops drawings for installations, ordering equipment, parts, and supplies for installation of systems. Coordinates installations with other divisions/ departments as necessary.
21. As requested, handles preliminary work arrangements such as work management systems, parts availability, shop inventory.
22. Procures incidental tools and supplies in conjunction with their assigned work from the storeroom/ tool room where applicable during after-hours when the level of work does not require a storekeeper.
23. May initiate work requests.
24. Leads, trains and instruct other employees in their work and identifies training needs for other employees as well.
25. Performs other job-related functions that may be assigned from time to time.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top