Industrial Finance Lead (Ben & Jerry's Factory - St. Albans)
Background & Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Category SC Finance Manager, this role oversees the finance function in the factory and has the responsibility to drive the factory financial performance and to assure financial control as per the Unilever/legal standards. This role is an active member of the Site Leadership team and is responsible for the finance team of the factory.
This role will be responsible for all financial activities at the Factory, including all elements of financial control: delivery of sourcing unit results, management of capital expenditures, accurate and timely reporting of actuals and highlighting financial forecasts, including responsibility for providing inputs for the Transfer Price calculation applying the Activity Based Costing (ABC) methodology, Finance Business Partner to the Supply Leader director/manager and the Leadership team, provide decision support and financial analysis. This role will drive cost deployment activities as part of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) and lead teams to deliver sustainable cost improvement at the factory.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
Demonstrated analytical and problem solving abilities including financial modeling and analysis. Significant, broad-based knowledge and experience with cost accounting. Solid understanding of financial theory and ability to apply theory to evaluation of complex financial issues. Ability to work with all levels of the organization and external providers to achieve desired results. Team oriented approach. Comfort managing dynamic workload and routine processes. Excellent communication, presentation skills and attention to detail for effective interaction with senior management, and other key stakeholders. Able to influence others and work collaboratively with finance and manufacturing function colleagues. Ability to travel as required – approximately 10% (domestically/regionally). Perform other ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- You're a strategy guru: Strong financial acumen and planning that drives strategy forward.
- You're a story teller: Ability to take a closer, detailed look at the big picture and how the small details make up the big picture.
- You're a teacher: Having the knowledge, confidence, and essential skills to make responsible financial decisions.
- You're a changemaker: Opportunity to add innovative facets to everyday practices that can drive real change and positive results both financial and operational.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA or Master's Degree preferred
- Accounting/Finance designation (CIMA, ACCA, or CPA) preferred
- Four or more years of progressive experience in Finance or Accounting Management; prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- World Class Manufacturing (WCM) experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Prior finance experience in a manufacturing or consumer products company at the plant level desired
- Strong organizational and time management skills, serving with a sense of urgency
- Excellent data analysis and trend identifications skills with a focus on problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and business management software, SAP preferred.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with a comfort in maintaining multiple, often conflicting, priorities, and deadlines
- Travel may be required (domestically/locally)
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top