Inbound Transportation Coodinator
Logistics Inbound Planner - BCS North America
Location: New Jersey- Englewood Cliffs, United States
OUR GROWTH IS POWERED BY PLANTS, OUR FUTURE IS POWERED BY YOU
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? If yes, we are looking for top talent that are passionate foodies that also believe in the power of the plants for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
In 2015 the Spreads division created a new standalone company, the Baking, Cooking and Spreads (BCS) organisation that changed from operating as a Global Brand Led Organisation. It was an enabler to break down silos, to be more marketing facing and consumer connected. It unleashed a new leaner and more agile organisation with an experienced cross-functional leadership team with full accountability for the brands P&L.
So What Next?
On Friday 15 th December, it was announced that Unilever was to sell the Spreads business to KKR and the transfer of ownership is expected to take place in July 2018. KKR are committed to supporting the business' growth ambition, while continuing to follow Unilever's responsible sourcing policies, including working towards the goal of sourcing 100 per cent sustainable palm oil by 2019."
The Logistics Inbound Planner is responsible in the North American geography for all raw&pack material shipments into the 2 factories (New Century and Rexdale) ensuring service and cost is meeting targets, as well as defining & implementing improvement projects.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Operation activities (¬60%):
• Processing all transport orders and daily transport planning and optimization of loads within the region
• Daily coordination with factories, suppliers and carriers
• Performance monitoring against shipment plans and cost
• Support factories with special/express shipments and late notice requests/changes
• Spot market shipment carrier scouting and cost negotiation
• Truckfill and km improvement though orders combination if applicable
• Solve and monitor any service issues and inform relevant Unilever teams if necessary
• Solve quality issues and prevent re-occurrence (incl. work with other functions ie R&D, Suppliers...etc)
• Capacity planning short and mid-term (working with Factory Planners and Demand Planning)
Cost and Service monitoring and improvement activities (¬30%):
• Monitor, identify and implement improvement opportunities on Cost and Service
• Support the evaluation and selection of new 3PLs
• Validate and approve 3PL invoices for payment, monitor logistics cost development
• System and other activities (¬10%):
• Coding On-Time/In-Full service losses if relevant
• Monitoring the interface with logistics providers where applicable
• Maintaining Logistics master-data
Skills and Experience Required
• University degree
• Supply Chain and/or Logistics experience in FMCG, or other relevant industry Retailer or 3PL environment
• Science, Engineering or Economics degree, ideally with a Logistics or Supply Chain element
• 2-4 Years minimum experience in Supply Chain operations with a logistics experience
Reporting Channel, Contacts and Travel:
• Procurement Assistant - Marketing and Business Services, Logistics and Co-packing reports into the Procurement Manager - NA Marketing and Business Services, Logistics and Copacking
• Internal: Procurement Global and Cluster teams, Supply Chain teams, R&D team, Legal team, Marketing team, Finance business partners
• External: Suppliers: Commercial management and Top management (CEO's) of Key Suppliers, Agents, professional organization, industry bodies and 3PM, NGO's, advisors and benchmarking organizations and others
• Travel globally for Supplier meetings, Industry meetings, project meetings and team meetings. Travel intensity as per job requirements
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top