HR Business Partner-Rexdale
HR Business Partner-Rexdale
Unilever is recruiting for an experienced HR Business Partner to join our factory located in Rexdale, Ontario, just minutes from Pearson International Airport. The role is set in a production environment and offers you a dynamic, intensive workplace within a world leading, fast moving company. For the right candidate this position offers a great challenge and a big opportunity to be part of a fantastic journey.
Summary: The HR Business Partner is responsible for all HR related activity at the Rexdale factory. This will include, but not limited to: Employee Advocacy, Employee Relations, Conflict Resolution, Employment Law/Legal Compliance, Performance Management, Coaching & Counseling, Organizational & Leadership Development, Change Agent, Succession Planning, and advising in HR processes. In addition, the HRM is responsible for site’s culture and acts as people expert supporting the Plant’s positive employee relations and World Class Manufacturing (WCM) programs. He/she will ensure that policies and practices are designed and implemented in an effective manner.
- Collaborates with the business for the creation of a high performance culture by implementing team and organizational design solutions, providing measurable performance indicators, and improvement plans.
- Participate in business planning and ensure alignment of HR delivery with business goals at the site. HRM establishes objectives and delivers HR strategy for the attainment of the Compass Vision and objectives and in a tactical role is deeply knowledgeable about the design work systems in which people succeed and contribute.
- Supports managers and teams in business delivery through enhancing their capability to deliver the Compass objectives, manage their people, implement change and build relations with key stakeholders (internal/external). This includes people aspects of furthering the site WCM and HR for Factory strategy, particularly the training, learning and educational strategy.
- Utilizes the talent development process and tools delivered by the expertise teams in order to provide and develop diverse talent pipeline for both the short term and medium term needs of the company.
- Maintains effective employee relations through regularly interacting with personnel on the production floor, fostering rapport of trust with employees. This includes participation in executing the Positive Employee Relations objectives of the supply chain HR strategy.
- Maintains a positive relationship with the Union ensuring a productive plant environment.
- As an employee advocate, the HRM plays an integral role in organizational success through knowledge and advocacy of people. Fostering effective methods of goal setting, communication and empowerment through responsibility, builds employee ownership of the org. the HRM helps establish the org culture and climate in which people have the competency, concern, and commitment to business success.
- Brings HR insight through consultation skills to bear on all people related issues (people, capabilities, organizational leadership and culture)
- Ensures and facilitates HR service delivery to the business
- Interfaces with many roles and support areas including: Finance, Legal, HR Operations, Regional HR and Expertise teams, etc.
- BA/BS Request; MBA or Master’s Degree is desirable.
- 5 Years of Experience as an HR Manager/HR Business Partner, specifically in employee engagement and change management
- PHR/SPHR, desirable
- Ability to act as a strong leadership partner to factory and factory director
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans; Life Insurance; Optional Life Insurance including Spousal Life and Child Life; Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance; Consumer Directed Health Care Spending Account; Defined Contribution Pension Plan; Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan; Tuition Reimbursement; Fitness Subsidy; Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Unilever is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process please let us know.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top