Global Payroll Manager Europe and Turkey
GLOBAL PAYROLL SERVICES MANAGER
Location can be anywhere in Europe
Travel not substantial, however there might betravel depending from the projects to be delivered in a country.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliersof Foods, Home and Personal Care products present in over 190 countries with aturnover of €53bn reaching 2 billion consumers a day.
- Provide Payrollexpertise to MCOs (including process, policy, technical and governance).
- Act as a key driverof the global payroll strategy for area of responsibility, ensuring that Payrollstrategies, systems, processes and policies are consistently activated(including mergers & acquisitions, divestiture activity, financial controlsand third party payroll relationships).
- Roll out globalprojects in Payroll area – e.g. related to Global Mobility, Global Equity, newtechnologies, etc.
- Build relationshipswith MCO payroll stakeholders to develop understanding and define majorrisks/gaps which could cause problems/issues. Define plans to reduce thesemajor risks/gaps for MCOs.
- Develop and overseeactivities/plans required to mitigate/prevent country exposure to both internaland external risk. Capture, build and share internal and external knowledge.Actively engage in a Global Payroll Community of Practice.
WHAT WILL YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBITIES BE?
- Manage the relationshipswith stakeholders and act as the regional focal point to the Payroll management community.
- Analyze feedback fromSDD, Finance, HRBP’s and Service Providers to evaluate the effectiveness of thePayroll solutions and continuously improve solutions to ensure the desiredimpact is delivered.
- Monitor and reviewservice level targets. Work to resolve issues/problems escalated above MCOlevel. Drive improvements in service where metrics identify major/ongoingrisks.
- Pro-activelycommunicate service information and understanding. Provide input to monthlyservice review.
- Interface with thePayroll and HR outsourced services providers at a regional level to ensureeffective definition and delivery of Payroll services.
- Ensure (throughrelevant audits and reporting) that the Payroll systems, processes, policiesand tools are compliant with Unilever internal-process standards and externalregulatory requirements.
- Look foropportunities to standardize the ways of working in payroll and within thewider payroll team.
- Look foropportunities to harmonize and centralize processes or process steps (payrollprocess and processes which influence the payroll result).
- Define key activitiesrequired across clusters/MCO to drive payroll strategy. Identify and agreeactions required with SDD & key country stakeholders and expertise teams.
- Support countrieswith advice and time when delivering local changes as a result of requiredprojects.
- Cascade globalchanges in a way that MCOs can understand and implement (taking intoconsideration local legal requirements drive country alignment to globalpayroll strategy).
- Gather feedback onthe global changes and provide it back to the change originators, assistingthem in further improvements of the solution design.
- Responsible for gatekeeping key external relationships with regional Payroll vendors.
- Support/facilitatethe transition of impacted payroll deployments via use of in-countrymanagement (e.g. provide expertise andgovernance to Country Project Leads, etc.)
- Challenge andnegotiate costing/pricing provided by providers to the benefit of Unilever.
- Partner withprocurement team and contract team for request for proposals for new payrolland/or HR solutions.
- Strive for continuousimprovement of service delivery in accordance with defined standards and coordinationwith the respective actors i.e. via country owners input.
- Strive, incooperation with the MCO Payroll Coordinators and HR IT, for errorless integrationbetween Payroll system and other tools/systems (f.e. Workday, T&A andsystem).
- Build a network ofexternal consultants and academic institutions to ensure that Unileverleverages best practice knowledge, solutions and products to Payroll Services.
- Encourage all HRServices functions (Global Mobility, Core HR, Global equity and RewardServices) to contribute to the End2End delivery of the payroll process.
- Share internal andexternal knowledge and best practices amongst the members of the ES Leadershipand Payroll expertise team.
- Director GlobalPayroll
- Country PayrollManagers / MCO Payroll Coordinators
- Service DeliveryDirectors, Service Delivery Managers and ET Leads
- Finance KeyStakeholders
- Global Mobility
- Global Equity
- Reward Services
- Regional and GlobalIT
- Supply Chain KeyStakeholders
- HR Outsourced ServicesProvider – Account Managers
SKILLS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Service providermanagement
- Project management
- Application andexploitation of information technology
- Strong relationshipskills required to manage service providers and internal key Finance and HRstakeholders for payroll and Supply Chain stakeholders for Time & Absencemanagement
- External orientationin the context of Payroll trends and benchmarking best practices in thoseprocesses
EXPERIENCE YOU SHOULD HAVE
University graduate, 5 years Payroll Operationaland Payroll Project Management and 3-5 years of experience across:
- International Payrolland HRM related operations
- Payroll andinter-related processes and controls
- Operations ofoutsourcing, preferably outsourcing Payroll and HR
- Third party contractscompliance management with Sarbanes Oxley
- Payroll, HRM,Automated Time and Attendance systems applications and implementation
Good understanding of:
- Labour legislation(collective industrial agreements, EBA’s etc.)
- Payroll administrationand applied development methodologies (e.g. business, technical and Vendorspecifications, RFP’s, evaluations and deployment activities)
- Working in a multiculturalenvironment
To apply, you must do so online. Please do not forget to upload your CVand a motivation letter. Your application will be reviewed against ourrequirements and we will be in touch shortly after the closing date to provideyou with an update on the status of your application.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top