Global eCommerce Projects Manager
Job Title: Global eCommerce Projects Manager
Benefits: Bonus, Pension, Healthcare, Agile Working
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Digital Hackers Wanted: Do you want to be instrumental in a digital revolution at one of the world’s best known FMCG companies? We are looking for innovators with entrepreneurial spirit to join a rapidly growing part of Unilever Global Ecommerce Team. All eyes are on us as we internally disrupt the status quo to become more agile, test new concepts faster, validate business models quicker and accelerate new and acquired businesses through global markets in ecommerce. We trial and test growth strategies through core competencies of acquisition, conversions and retention with data analytics. We are looking at smart ways to engage with consumers and create disruptive business models that can harness the epic power and scale of Unilever.
WHO WE ARE:
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Foods, Home and Personal Care products present in over 190 countries with a turnover of €53bn reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Our brands include some newly acquired innovative online business models like Dollar Shave Club but also Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum, Lynx etc.
Over 400 brands and two billion people use our brands on any given day
- 12 Direct to consumer eCommerce brands globally
- Global manufacturing, operational and brand marketing infrastructure supporting €53bn turnover and c170K employees.
- Diverse business models and brand portfolio from Dove to Domestos to Dermalogica
- The ambition for our HATCH team to form the backbone of new e-business model creation across the globe.
We are well known to be a great employer to our staff with the benefits that we can offer. We also do what we can for the environment through the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan. This is our blueprint for achieving our vision to double the size of the business, whilst reducing our environmental footprint and increasing our positive social impact.
Ecommerce, acquired businesses and new business models are a major growth and equity value driver for Unilever.
These will enable selected Unilever brands and platform to influence and convert end-to-end consumer and shopper connect journeys. Building & influencing equity at every step of the path to purchase.
The real-time, agile, deep routed specialist ‘hands on’ retail nature of eCommerce means that specific experience and qualities are required to succeed. This team will evaluate (proactively and reactively) e-business model concepts (new and acquired) across all product categories and markets and build strategies to evolve and grow them globally. The roles will involve building analytical capabilities and expertise to support the businesses.
About The Role:
Unilever is growing online through acquiring direct to consumer businesses like Dollar Shave Club, creating its own direct to consumer business models and adapting existing business models and brands for digital. Our newly created team sits within the ecommerce part of Unilever and our role is to improve each brand in their ecommerce and in particular, direct to consumer capabilities. Ensuring the basic 3 pillars of acquisition, conversion and retention are fulfilled is at the heart of what we do. We help these brands understand what can be achieved and help them to achieve it. Ultimately our goal is to help these businesses grow as fast as possible.
The eCommerce Projects Manager needs to have a broad understanding of eCommerce, online retail, growth strategies and best practice as well as capability to overlook and help project manage activity from an operational perspective Assisting on Strategy Planning and Marketing the execution of which and measuring and reporting on progress as well as applying steer when necessary. This will include working with global teams on Customer Acquisition, Customer Conversion and Customer Retention. It will also involve a general understanding of all aspects of the specific business, it’s objectives and how to achieve growth with a focus on online and growth in new territories. A good understanding of online platforms and processes is useful.
- Overview of activities to undertake directly or assist brand ecommerce teams with:
- Project manage the business strategy for growth for high priority businesses with respect to Customer Acquisition, Customer Conversion, Customer Retention, Geographic Growth and Sales Strategies.
- Apply broad understanding of ecommerce and online retail to solve problems, create solutions whilst also being instrumental to monitoring progress, steering direction, and reporting on activity to other stakeholders
- Help set up operations, processes for monitoring progress of key businesses.
- Assist with 3rd party service agencies set up and commercials
- Help produce clear and detailed reporting on performance, leading to data driven decisions that drive business results.
- Interested in a test and learn approach, curious of innovative digital and ecommerce trends
- Optimize and report on Strategy performance- e.g. Refer a friend program.
- Understand and work to the marketing and operational budgets for key businesses
- Update wider ecommerce team on areas that are appropriate
- Coordinate local market trading stance and execution across digital marketing channels globally
- Be interested in identifying key performance levers for the business
- Be interested in the end to end and holistic perspective as well as the detail
- Work with the Business Managers to maintain Marketing and Strategy execution calendars
- Maintain and develop key relationships across internal teams: Business Leaders, Operations, Finance, through to Content, Design, Retention/CRM, PR, Merchandising and Development
- Having a broader outlook with a CPA approach to growth
The role is based from the UK to drive overall delivery however; global travel will be required to give hands on support to local teams.
- Be the company expert on all growth activity being managed the division across all platforms (mobile/tablet/desktop)
- Good commercial awareness of ecommerce and Retail
- Ability to manage multiple streams of activity and priorities those yielding the biggest gains for the business
- Understanding of key marketing metrics including ROI / CPA
- Help build and innovate operational frameworks to scale capabilities
- Monitor, research and develop the online consumer function within ecommerce
- Motivate and support a wide range of local brand, category and geographical cluster teams
- Interested in trends and best practices in ecommerce, digital marketing with a good head for numbers
- Commercially savvy, inquisitive and motivated to understand the brand customer’s behaviour
- Willing to adapt, embrace new challenges and continually improve as well as share knowledge to others
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain close attention to detail
- Positively impact and influence internal stakeholders and external partners
- Grow the awareness and benefits of well deployed ecommerce within Unilever globally
- Awareness and interest in financial budgets
- Inspire and coach others on the best practice techniques and tools
- Good commercial experience with focus on direct eCommerce experience
- Good understanding of Customer Acquisition, Customer Conversion and Customer Retention
- eCommerce experience with an emphasis on B2C or DTC (direct to consumer) as we call it.
- Has been responsible for managing multiple areas of ecommerce
- Experience in working with agencies and third party suppliers and assessing capabilities against costs
Nice to have…
- Awareness of the functions of trading a site (experience in buying and merchandising even)
- Startup experience is bonus
- Any experience in new business models, platforms or strategies is also a bonus
- If you’ve tried to set up your own business and given it a go, we’ll be impressed with that too
STANDARDS OF LEADERSHIP
- Bias for Action
- Building Talent and Teams
- Growth Mindset
- Consumer and Customer Focus
- Accountability & Responsibility
- Global eCommerce Director DTC
- Brand leaders and eCom leads
- Global Brand Development (BD)
- Cluster & Market Teams
- External Partners
- Unilever IT / Innovation
- Consumers & Shoppers
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow – making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
HOW TO APPLY
Hear stories from our Unilever Makers and understand how you can start your own Unilever career at: http://www.unilever.co.uk/careers-jobs/professionals/.
Or to apply now, click on “Apply to this job”. All candidate applications are reviewed in accordance with the criteria outlined for the job role. Please note that the closing date for the receipt of applications is 24th January 2017.
Candidates who have applied online can track their application through the candidate tracking link or, if you have any additional queries, you may contact the Recruitment hotline number on 0800 0284390.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top