Global Associate Brand Manager - Dove Men+Care
Background & Purpose of the Job
Dove is the largest Personal Care brand in Unilever and in recent years has enjoyed spectacular rates of growth. With a clear strategic vision, a strong innovation funnel and a unique point of view on beauty, Dove is poised for even greater success for 2018 and beyond. Dove Men+Care launched in 2010 across the Skin Cleansing and Deodorant categories and it very quickly expanded into Hair and Face, becoming a true Male Grooming brand. The brand has exceeded all launch targets, representing today a ~ €580MM business with a long-term vision for Dove Men+Care to be a global leader in the men's personal care space.
Dove Men+Care has carved out a unique positioning as the first male brand to speak to real men and celebrate modern masculinity by portraying men as they really are. This is a very exciting time to join the team as we are now embarking on the next stage of our journey to craft our brand's Social Mission, which will give us a chance to have a meaningful impact at an individual, institutional, and societal level. Dove Men+Care is truly a global business, with presence across more than 50 markets across multiple clusters. Key markets include the United States, Brazil, Canada, China, the United Kingdom and Germany. >
Who You Are & What You'll Do
The Global Associate Brand Manager will build the global Dove Men+Care Social Mission strategy (including Public Relations, Digital and Partnerships) and amplification plan, developing the brand's digital acumen, and driving Brand Community management and engagement. The position reports to the Global Dove Men+Care Social Mission, Digital, and Brand Community Sr. Brand Manager, based in Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
• Contribute to defining the brand Social Mission and developing programs for top 10 markets
• Support briefing and development of communications streams stemming out of the new Social Mission with key agency partners to bring it to life in markets
• Manage agency relationships across non-governmental organizations, public relations, digital and social as well as potential future partnerships
• Fuel the sharing and understanding of best-practices and fast scaling of great work, ways of working, partnerships, content, etc.
• Responsible for developing and keeping strategic brand materials and Brand Centres up to date and easily accessible by all members of the community
• Lead micro communities, sub-groups and task forces
• Curate all shared content, bundle topics, create platforms, etc. and manage appropriate information/data security
• Manage the monthly meetings of top markets and quarterly meetings of all markets
• Ensure excellent execution of basics and step-up assets
• Raise the digital knowledge and capabilities of the global and local brand community
• Manage relationships and information sharing with the Global Dove Digital Team and Digital Champions
• Build and execute an E-Commerce strategic vision
You're a born leader: Inspire and energize your agencies and the global Brand Community as a Digital Pioneer and Social Mission leader
You're a strategy guru: This is a key strategic role defining the brand's Social Mission and all related execution
You're a dot connector: You possess the ability to work as part of virtual teams overcoming the geographical and cultural differences with the key markets of focus
You love to win, and have fun doing it: The Digital and Social Missions will take Dove Men+Care to a whole new level, growing Dove Men+Care's market share across all categories
You're a changemaker: You will be tasked with crafting a Social Mission that has real impact in the world and advances Unilever's Sustainable Living Plan
You're a paradox navigator: You will lead the Dove Men+Care brand community with engagement across the leaders, top countries and the total community
You're a culture & change champion: You will lead the internal and external changemaking campaign for the Social Mission
What You'll Need To Succeed
• Bachelor's Degree in marketing or related field required, MBA preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years of marketing experience preferred, preferably in consumer brand marketing
• A passion for and understanding of the digital landscape
• Ability to effectively manage change across complex, dynamic markets
• A passion for working with other cultures, and an ability to build networks both in-person and remotely
• Confidence to liaise directly with senior stakeholders - key market Directors, Global Brand Vice Presidents, for example
• Ability to inspire and get the best out of our agency partners - one of the perks of the role is that we will work directly with leading thinkers and creatives at our agencies
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability >
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top