Food Science Summer Internship
- Please add [email protected] to your “not spam” or safe list to ensure you receive important recruitment email communications from Unilever
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in more than 190 countries. Working to create a better future every day, we help people feel good, look good and get more out of life. In the United States and Canada, the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Becel, Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers, Caress, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy, Consort For Men, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, Fruttare, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Just for Me!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Magnum, Motions, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond’s, Popsicle, Promise, Q-tips, Simple, St. Ives, Suave, TIGI, TONI&GUY Hair Meet Wardrobe, TRESemmé and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies.
Our ambition is to double the size of our business, while reducing our overall environmental footprint (including sourcing, consumer use and disposal) and increasing our positive social impact. We are committed to helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being, sourcing all our agricultural raw materials sustainably by 2020, and decoupling our growth from our environmental impact. Supporting our three big goals, we have defined seven pillars, underpinned by targets encompassing social, environmental and economic areas. See more on the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan at http://www.unileverusa.com/sustainable-living/ or http://www.unilever.ca/sustainable-living/ .
Unilever employs approximately 11,500 people across North America – generating more than $10 billion in sales in 2014. For more information, visit www.unileverusa.com or www.unilever.ca
Unilever offers vast and exciting career paths within R&D. Creating new innovations and technologies, and enhancing our existing brand portfolio – it’s all yours in Unilever’s R&D function. Bring your imagination and technical expertise to help develop superior products in an ever-evolving consumer marketplace.
Food Science Summer Internship Overview:
A food scientist is generally expected to conduct the following work activities as part of a cross functional project team:
- Successful participation and interaction on project teams.
- Assist with the preparation of a broad range of prototypes using a variety of resources to bring product concepts to life.
- Culinary scoping and development of products to meet a culinary and/or a product design brief
- Work with novel raw materials to determine potential application in Unilever products
- Assist with the assessment of technical feasibility from a product perspective and identification of product related issues such as unique ingredients as well as the effect of process on product quality attributes.
- Identification of formulation & ingredients, shelf life, potential suppliers.
- Undergrad with Junior status based on skills and coursework.
- Coursework in Food Science.
- Ability to execute a project and analyze research data/studies.
- Ability to deliver data to support insights, techniques and technologies for improvements.
- Ability to work as part a team (both your own team and cross-functionally) as well as to think/act independently
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Willingness to relocate
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Life at Unilever is a lot of fun – just like our application process! Check out what you'll experience when you apply for one of our internships or co-ops:
- Application - Start by completing our simple online application. You can import your details from your LinkedIn profile to speed up the process. You can only apply to one function, so carefully consider which role you would like to pursue before applying.
- Assessment - After your application, if you meet the basic requirements, we’ll invite you to participate in a series of fun games that looks at different cognitive, emotional, and social traits. This will help us find the best fit for you and you will receive personalized feedback after completing the games.
- Digital Interview – Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be invited to participate in a digital interview where you can solve real-world problems using Unilever scenarios. This will give you insight into our company culture and how we do business. The interview is split into two parts – three short hypothetical questions followed by a business case. You can record and complete your video anytime, anywhere. All you need is a computer or mobile device with access to video recording (usually standard in most devices) and a stable internet connection.
- Discovery Center – Once the interview is complete, we’ll invite our top matches to our offices in the Greater New York City or Toronto areas (depending on which job you applied for) for a truly immersive experience. You’ll get to experience a number of exciting activities and projects along with your peers, meet our leaders, and receive personalized coaching and feedback. The exercises are designed around a real business case study, enabling us to tap into your potential while giving you further insight into what it’s really like to work at Unilever.
If you are an individual with a disability and at any time feel you need an accommodation in order to complete any step of this process, please contact us at [email protected] or (201) 894-7530.
CANDIDATES MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 16000F5N
Back to top