Finance Summer Internship
About Unilever United States, Inc.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Refreshments, Home and Personal Care products with sales in more than 190 countries. In the United States, the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers, Caress, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy, Consort For Men, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, Fruttare, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Just for Me!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Magnum, Motions, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond’s, Popsicle, Promise, Q-tips, Simple, St. Ives, Suave, Talenti Gelato & Sorbetto, TIGI, TONI&GUY Hair Meet Wardrobe, TRESemmé and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies.
Unilever employs approximately 8,000 people in the United States – generating approximately $8.5 billion in sales in 2014.
The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) aims to double the size of Unilever’s business, while reducing its overall environmental footprint and increasing positive social impact. The USLP is a strategic response to the challenges businesses face operating in an uncertain and volatile world. See more on the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan at http://www.unileverusa.com/sustainable-living/.
Unilever ranked number one in its sector on the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
The entire Unilever global factory network, as well as its U.S. non-manufacturing facilities, have achieved zero non-hazardous waste to landfill status.
For more information on Unilever U.S. and its brands visit: www.unileverusa.com
To connect with Unilever U.S. via Facebook visit: https://www.facebook.com/UnileverCareersUS
To connect with Unilever U.S. via Twitter follow: @unileverusa
To learn more about taking small actions that can make a big difference visit: https://www.brightfuture.us
Finance at Unilever:
The underlying philosophy in Unilever Finance is to help you grow both personally and professionally. We invest in continuously developing your finance capabilities to rise to the challenge in a diverse, changing and competitive market environment. We offer you a wide portfolio of Finance roles across the business in Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Treasury, Internal Audit, Strategic Planning and Financial Reporting. Throughout your career each experience will allow you to continue to build and sharpen your financial and business judgment allowing you to become a better team player and a stronger leader. There are formal internally developed training programs, mentoring programs and on-boarding programs to help you quickly and easily start your career at Unilever. We run a highly diverse business based on international brands – a business which believes in developing excellent individuals, teams and leaders, all of whom have meaningful roles to play in delivering our shared vision. Unilever's scale and geographical reach provides an opportunity for international experience and exposure which can be gained through virtual team working, short term projects or expatriation.
Finance Summer Internship Program Overview:
The purpose of the Internship Program is to introduce students to Unilever through a challenging and rewarding experience, which offers them the opportunity to contribute to business goals. The aim is to use this experience as a pathway to future employment.
Finance Summer Interns will join one of the Finance areas aligned with our key business processes (category management, sales, financial planning and reporting, accounting operations or operations/ supply chain). The Intern will interact across functional areas to lead a project with real impact to the business. By providing an integrated financial perspective on the impact of business decisions, the Intern makes recommendations and influences decisions that maximize value for the business.
Typical Intern projects have included competitive analysis and benchmarking, product portfolio analysis and optimization, business process redesign and have all involved working across functions.
Should an Intern join Unilever as a full-time employee, they will have opportunities to move into other Finance areas as well as into other functions at various points in their career based on their performance
- The ideal candidate will possess strong team and analytical skills; strategic thinking skills; leadership ability; initiative and enthusiasm for work in an unstructured environment. A strong interest in finance, the ability to communicate effectively, especially as part of a team; and the ability to understand business issues outside of one’s area of expertise.
- Current college sophomore/junior level pursuing Bachelor’s degree in business and/or finance
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Willingness to relocate
Life at Unilever is a lot of fun – just like our application process! Check out what you'll experience when you apply for one of our internships or co-ops:
- Application - Start by completing our simple online application. You can import your details from your LinkedIn profile to speed up the process. You can only apply to one function, so carefully consider which role you would like to pursue before applying.
- Assessment - After your application, if you meet the basic requirements, we’ll invite you to participate in a series of fun games that looks at different cognitive, emotional, and social traits. This will help us find the best fit for you and you will receive personalized feedback after completing the games.
- Digital Interview – Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be invited to participate in a digital interview where you can solve real-world problems using Unilever scenarios. This will give you insight into our company culture and how we do business. The interview is split into two parts – three short hypothetical questions followed by a business case. You can record and complete your video anytime, anywhere. All you need is a computer or mobile device with access to video recording (usually standard in most devices) and a stable internet connection.
- Discovery Center – Once the interview is complete, we’ll invite our top matches to our offices in the Greater New York City or Toronto areas (depending on which job you applied for) for a truly immersive experience. You’ll get to experience a number of exciting activities and projects along with your peers, meet our leaders, and receive personalized coaching and feedback. The exercises are designed around a real business case study, enabling us to tap into your potential while giving you further insight into what it’s really like to work at Unilever.
If you are an individual with a disability and at any time feel you need an accommodation in order to complete any step of this process, please contact us at [email protected] or (201) 894-7530.
CANDIDATES MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Back to top