Finance Summer Internship
Financial Summer Internship
This opportunity is located at Unilever’s Head Office (downtown Toronto). This role will expose you to an international corporation with a dynamic team environment. You will have the opportunity to apply your studies to real life examples and play an integral part in the decision making process, in a fast-paced, strategic multinational corporation.
Working closely with Finance Managers, Associate Finance Mangers, Senior Financial Analysts and other cross functional team members – this existing role will provide you with hands on opportunity to support one of our Finance areas with various initiatives. The incumbent will be an active team member, working within many areas of the business to help support decision making and strategic initiatives as required.
Below are the different opportunities available:
Customer Development - Toronto
- Support the monthly Sales forecasting process, month end analysis, compilation of Canadian CD balanced scorecard, and trade spend analysis
- Prepare and maintain various reports that showcase customer performance metrics (including shares, profitability, etc)
- Consolidate monthly Earn/ Spend report & Matrix for management review
- Liaison with various account teams to understand invalid status and provide commentary/insights to team
- Analyze monthly payments due and communicate updates to Key Account Managers (KAMs) for specific customer accounts
- Assist with the Trade budgeting process: collecting Preferred Vendor estimates and provide review on key assumptions
- Assist with required SAP Business Intelligence (BI) data pulls for different Customer P&Ls
Treasury, Corporate Services, Category/ Financial Planning & Analysis - Toronto
- Prepare and maintain monthly Consumption/ Off take Reports for various categories/customers
- Assist in Royalty Accrual and payment process on select Categories
- Assist FP&A team with reconciliations and forecasting, while business partnering with Category teams for key inputs
- Monitoring and managing domestic and foreign currency inflows and outflows
- Analyze corporate debt and cash balances
- Assist the Tax Department with the Provincial and Federal sales taxes, foreign withholding taxes, and benefit returns and payments
- Review and resolve issues follow-up of the Treasury account reconciliations
The successful candidate should be working towards completion of a Business Administration degree with a specialization in finance and an interest to pursue a career in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry. We seek individuals who are dedicated, mature, outgoing and thrive in a team environment. Superior proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required; along with an overall level of expertise in PC/MS Office environments. The successful candidates will be results-oriented with demonstrated initiative and drive. They will possess excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical skills with a sound knowledge of accounting principles. Prior relevant work experience with a CPG company and working knowledge of SAP is considered an asset.
To apply, please visit www.unilever.ca/careers
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Unilever is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process please let us know.
Back to top