Factory Logistics Team Lead
Factory Logistics Team Leader
Background & Purpose of the Job
Responsible for end to end factory logistics operations at Sikeston, MO manufacturing site. Managing up to 85+ employees across 24/7 shifts. In addition, accountable to deliver logistics safety, quality, cost savings, business waste reduction, customer service, continuous improvement projects and sustainability improvements at the Sikeston, MO site.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
- Implement process improvement through operational scorecards
- Execute the product group and site level factory logistics strategy
- Support internal and external operational benchmarking activities
- Execution of standardized logistics systems, processes, KPI's, and ways of working
- Customer service improvement through warehouse and transportation loss reduction using CI (Continuous Improvement) tools and methodology
- Drive sustainability initiatives through factory warehouse improvements, transportation efficiencies, and external collaboration activities
- Manage site distribution budget and labor pool
- Manage relationship and integrated logistics operations with the connected 3rd Party DC to the manufacturing site.
- Member of the site leadership team and working cohesively with upper management to deliver results and collaborative improvements.
•You're a born leader: Lead site distribution operational processes.
•You're a strategy guru: Execute continuous improvement projects through the application of harmonized logistics processes and systems
•You're a dot connector: Execute product group and site logistics strategy
•You're a change maker: Drive logistics cost reduction through optimization of inbound/primary transportation, and factory warehouse operations.
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor's Degree Required. MBA a plus
- 3+ years of work experience with a clear competence in Logistics and Supply Chain.
- Strong understanding of inventory control, warehousing and transportation operations, manufacturing operations, product deployment, and order to cash processes
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check, Credit check, and background investigation.
Employment may subject to verification of Motor Vehicle Records check
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top