ETL Lead Developer
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
He/she will be responsible for ensuring that the goals of the business with regards to data management are met, ensuring that data can be successfully and efficiently extracted from a variety of sources including, but not limited to, SAP ECC, file based extracts and a multitude of other standard database systems and loaded into the global data warehouse to support the business requirements. He/she will need to understand the business requirements and convert these into a designed, tested & implemented solution in line with agreed standards.
- Design, develop, test and implement ELT (Extraction, Load & Transform) processes to populate the global data warehouse in line with agreed standards and guidelines
- Participate in design and code reviews, documentation of design, and implementation of methodologies to ensure high quality deployments.
- Create specifications, test plans & detailed design documentation to support handover to operational teams
- Determine data mapping and transformation rules
- Contribute to project plans
- Support systems integration and user acceptance testing
- Understand Unilever Release process and adhere to standards defined by the Towers.
- Fully conversant in pushdown/ELT (extract, load & transform) concepts
- Strong experience in BODS (Business objects data services) and / or SSIS
- Design and development standards for ETL
- Data blending tools Alteryx and Data integration tools Mulesoft.
- Knowledge of Teradata, SAP, SQL server and Hadoop is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise own work and the work of others, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Ability work flexible hours to work with team members in various time zones across the globe.
- Good analytical skills to innovate new solutions and automation.
- Ability to quickly understand requirements and provide solutions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn new skills.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top