Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager
Location: Jefferson City, MO
Work Level: 2A
Hiring Manager: Todd Rogers
Background & Purpose of the Job
S/he works with site Supply Chain teams to develop the local Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Strategy and improvement plans in order to achieve sustainable SHE excellence by reducing injuries, illnesses and environmental impact as measured in the core KPIs. Role has expectations of flexible rotating hours of implementation.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
The site SHE Leader has overall responsibility for managing Safety, Health & Environment improvement activities to achieve excellence at the site level.
Preview a day in the life at Unilever.
• You're a born leader: You have a bias for action that is second to none. You challenge yourself and everyone around you towards a continuous improvement mindset >
• You love to win, and have fun doing it: You enjoy the process and understand that not only through the technical but through the human experience can great achievements be accomplished. >
• You're a teacher: You strive to show not just the "How" but the "Why" safety is at the utmost importance for yourself and others around you. >
• You're a culture & change champion: You are a vital part of the winning strategy which delivers the most important part of the sites goals for the most important resource of any company, personal safety and security. All while moving the Unilever Sustainable Lining Plan (USLP) forward motivating individuals around you to think and act beyond themselves. >
What You'll Need To Succeed
• 3-5 years' experience in a factory based Safety, Health or Environmental role.
• At least 1-year experience in a supervisory role with direct reports.
• Proven track record of analytical thinking and project management
• University degree in Science or Engineering or other related field.
• Qualifications required by local regulatory authorities
• Good knowledge of Manufacturing and Process Safety
• Influencing skills
• Good observation and auditing skills
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth > | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits > | Every Voice Matters > | Global Reach > | Life at Unilever > | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs > | Check Out Our Space > | Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top