Engineering Technology Manager
Background & Purpose of the Job
Manage the end to end delivery of innovation and technology projects for various Ice Cream brands. Project work will be required in all Ice Cream factories, with focus on Sikeston, MO and Covington, TN. The candidate may be dedicated to deliver a single project of significant size or a portfolio of smaller projects. Responsible for all aspects of the day to day management of projects including stakeholder engagement, contractor management, project safety, budget management. Reports to an Engineering Director.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
On Time In Full (OTIF) end to end delivery of assigned capital projects adhering to Unilever standards and ensure safety as our number one priority. You are responsible for design, execution, commissioning and ramp-up of projects covering Innovation and Technology improvements, but will also be required to run Capacity, Quality, Safety, Infrastructure, and Cost Savings (VIP) on an as needed basis. You will lead engineering and Construction Management teams drawing resources from the local, regional and global organization as well as Unilever Engineering Cluster, Centre of Engineering Excellence and 3rd Party Teams. You will ensure that your Capital program meets the projected financial spend in each quarter, projects are capitalized on time, projects do not go over budget.
• You're a born leader: Leads technology, capital, innovation, capacity, and value improvement projects in the Ice Cream category. Responsible for providing estimates, options assessment, and technical support for these projects. Carries out tasks related to project assessment, technical support and implementation with minimum supervision. Ensures compliance with Unilever Hygiene, equipment and safety standards, specifications, and best practices. This shall include formulation/process/equipment evaluations, industrial trials, preliminary engineering, project cost controls, timeline, establishment of commissioning plan, plant/equipment commissioning, production startup. >
• You're a change maker: Our success is dependent on change, and the Technology Manager role is a critical contributor to driving improvements against all business metrics (safety, quality, finance, innovation, etc) .
• You're a dot connector: Liaison with all key stakeholders (departments) to ensure full alignment with project scopes, timelines, impact and key project milestones. This role has significant interaction with R+D, Marketing and the impacted facility teams.
• You love to win, and have fun doing it: Have the ability to balance a variety of priorities while maintaining healthy relationships across the engineering team, key stakeholders and customers.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- 5+ years' experience in Project Engineering with FMCG experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a people or project management role.
- Professional engineering skills
- Project Delivery experience
- Experience managing project budgets.
- Firsthand experience / track record of delivering major (€Multi Million) capital projects within Unilever or similar FMCG environment
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
[Internal Only By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.]
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Back to top