Engineering Apprentice x 2
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
The Multi-Skilled Engineering Apprenticeship is designed to develop young people to become Multi-Skilled Engineers. Our Multi-Skilled Engineers are professionally competent and qualified to operate safely in mechanical and electrical engineering. They’re responsible for delivering specialised mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs on some of the latest high speed and modern machinery.
- Our Apprenticeship in Engineering lasts four years and incorporates the National Standard as well as Unilever specific technology modules and personal development programmes. This programme is externally accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology [IET].
- You’ll spend the first year as a full-time student at one of our selected college providers. For the next three years, our program requires in-house and external training courses, college block release and placement in other Unilever factories in the UK.
- You will develop engineering/manufacturing skills and get experience in a range of different electrical and mechanical engineering technologies.
- This course is a new standard – ‘Science Industry Technician’ of which the duration is 4 years. You will obtain:
- NVQ Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations
- BTEC National Certificate
- NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma – Engineered Systems
- BTEC HNC
Start date is: September 2017
- Must be prepared to live & work away from home in event of learning activity not being in a local area
- Must be prepared to travel occasionally to other locations in connection with work
- Must be prepared to work flexibly – i.e. willingness to occasionally work outside of day hours
- Must pass a pre-employment medical
- The college you will be attending will be Wakefield College
- The recruitment team will review your application.
- Candidates who are deemed suitable will be asked to complete online testing which will consist of verbal and numerical reasoning
- Based on candidates test results you will be invited to complete a digital interview
- Upon successful completion you will be invited for an assessment day
- The assessment day will include a face to face interview along with various tests
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at “C” or above or equivalent including English, Maths and Science / Technology / Engineering related subject (“B” in Maths is desirable); please state your predicted grade in your application if you have yet to receive your result
- Applicants must be passionate and enthusiastic about engineering
- Practical creativity, manual dexterity and the ability to handle tools
- We would like to hear about an engineering project you’ve done at school, or an engineering club you’ve been involved with; if you enjoy repairing cars, bicycles or motorbikes or any other items you’re a perfect match for this apprenticeship
- You’ll be a dynamic individual with plenty of drive and self-motivation who enjoys working within a team
- You must also be eligible to work in the UK
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top