1. Provides preventive, scheduled, and emergency instrumentation and electrical support to all production processes.
2. Installs, calibrates, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains plant control, process control instrumentation and related equipment. This equipment maybe mechanical, pneumatic, electrical or electronic.
3. Work includes installing, calibrating, testing, repairing, cleaning and troubleshooting associated equipment. Type of equipment include transmitters, PID controllers, solenoid valves, pneumatic controllers and positioners, switch gears, solid state controls, relays, switches, contactors, indicating lights, and programmable logic controllers.
4. Installs, wires, troubleshoots, programs and may design programs for plant programmable controllers. It includes temperatures, pressure and flow systems.
5. Installs, calibrates and repairs primary sensing devices such as thermocouples, pressure switches, temperature switches, gauges, level switches, transmitters, level devices, etc.
6. Works from and interprets schematics, blueprints, diagrams, loop drawings, P& ID’s, computer system and specifications. Updates and corrects diagrams and documentation.
7. Implement addition or modifications of instrumentation control systems and components used in manufacturing or processing of company products. Identifies instrumentation, electrical or electronic processes required to accommodate future growth.
8. Provides scheduling and for calibration vendors to ensure timely completion and quality of work for equipment/ instruments.
9. Assists instrument owners in completing calibration requests for new equipment (work with users to determine appropriate ranges and accuracy) as well as the timely repair/ replacement of faulty instruments.
10. Maintains and troubleshoots plant uninterruptible power supply system.
11. Identifies, isolates, and diagnoses failures using various types of test equipment.
12. Installs, cleans and repair motors and motor controllers.
13. Installs and maintains plants lighting.
14. Maintains and cleans plant power distribution system.
15. Maintains plant fire alarm/ suppression systems and security CCTV.
16. May prepare technical reports with recommendations for solutions to technical problems.
17. Maintains all logs and required documentation.
18. Determines measurements and develops drawings for installations, ordering equipment, parts, and supplies for installation of systems. Coordinates installations with other divisions/ departments as necessary.
19. As requested, handles preliminary work arrangements such as work management systems, parts availability, and shop inventory.
20. Procures incidental tools and supplies in conjunction with their assigned work from the storeroom/ tool room where applicable during after-hours when the level of work does not require a storekeeper.
21. Responsible for accomplishing maintenance documents and records (maintenance logbook, MP information, etc.).
22. Ensure accuracy of maintenance documents and records.
23. Create, review and revise procedures, work instructions and other relevant documents or records necessary for efficient maintenance process.
24. Leads, trains and instruct other employees in their work and identifies training needs for other employees as well.
25. Performs other job-related functions that may be assigned from time to time.
A. Graduate of any technical course or equivalent experience. Engineering graduate is an advantage.
B. Knowledge in pneumatic, electrical or electronic process instrumentation and control systems.
C. Knows how to analyze the system and made recommendation for improvement.
D. Knowledge of Basic TPM Principles such as TPM Pillars, OEE Computation, 16 Major Losses, Problem Solving Techniques, Cost Variance Analysis and Statistical Process Control.
E. Knowledge of the 5S principles and the ability to consistently practice them.
F. Skills and knowledge in proper lubrication for machines and other autonomous maintenance activities.
G. Basic knowledge in mechanical systems such as fasteners and mechanical drives.
H. Strong attention to detail regarding documentation.
I. Basic knowledge of OSHAS, EMS, cGMP, QMS and HACCP.
J. The ability to prepare accurate technical reports, purchase requisitions, and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
K. Must possess basic PC skills, good communication skills, comfortable working in an open team environment, have the ability to plan, organize and execute work with a minimum of supervision and have a strong awareness of safety issues.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top