Electrical MaintenanceTechnician - 2nd Shift
Electrical Maintenance Technician - 2 nd Shift
Background & Purpose of the Job:
Unilever, New Century, Kansas, is actively seeking an Electrical Maintenance Technician to join our Maintenance Department and provide support our 2 nd shift teams. The Incumbent will work safely by observing all safety rules to include proper utilization of lock out tag out procedures. The Incumbent will also do the following: Maintain and fix machinery that processes margarine and spreads in the plant, troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical issues with processing and packaging equipment, utilize and practice WCM (World Class Manufacturing) methods of continuous improvement, and will perform preventative maintenance and complete work orders.
What You'll need to Succeed:
- High School Diploma, or, GED equivalent.
- T hree (3) semesters of college level Industrial Electronics courses, or, three (3) years of hands on work experience with up to 480 volts three phase.
- Working knowledge of PLC programming, troubleshooting and networking. Allen Bradley and Siemens is preferred.
- Capable of performing basic electrical construction, including installing conduit.
- Thorough knowledge of the National Electric Code.
- Capable of doing various instrument calibrations.
- Thoroughly functional in the use of PC's.
- Able to troubleshoot and calibrate AC & DC drives.
- Capable of reading electrical and electronic prints.
- Working knowledge of programming instrumentation.
- Capable of working off PID drawings.
- Capable of drawing and troubleshooting ladder & PLC logic.
- Understanding and capability of working with BCD.
- Knowledge of color coding of resistors and their values and application in Industrial Electronics.
- Capable of troubleshooting electrical, electronic and mechanical problems.
- Ability to perform any and all mechanical preventative maintenance.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Back to top