eCommerce Innovation Associate Manager
Background & Purpose of the Job
The eCommerce UX Associate Manager will own the development of eCommerce and search capabilities by proactively monitoring and evaluating digital technologies, trends, and partners. With the convergence of media, eCommerce, content, and retail, this role will partner across functional teams to define new technologies and processes that drive business growth. Having a deep understanding of both existing and emerging consumer experiences, the eCommerce UX Associate Manager will connect the dots between insight, technology development and partnerships.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
You're a born leader: You will analyze the current and future needs of the business, and assess the existing processes and constraints. In doing so, you will need to 'rally the troops' to align behind ideas and overcome barriers.
You're a strategy guru: You understand shopper trends and journeys, extracting insights from analysis to influence critical business decisions such as technology investments and product strategy.
You're a dot connector: You will use your understanding of how brand sites, CRM, media, social, search and e-commerce channels work together to develop technical solutions and strategies that optimize consumer behavior, acquisition, search and sales.
You're a changemaker: Maintaining relationships with leading and emerging technology partners in the eCommerce, digital marketing and retail- you will place a fresh emphasis on how our brands go to market, challenging the status quo.
- Own development of new digital innovation and search capabilities (e.g., voice, chatbots, visual search) that drive eCommerce traffic & conversion.
- Bring ideas to life through a combination of written communications, in-person presentations, and business requirement definition.
- Use insights to dictate product/capability requirements and assess financial impact of technology investments/partnerships.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (e.g. media, shopper marketing, consumer services, etc.) to test new solutions, improve processes, set standards for execution, and develop of playbooks to train and educate the organization.
- Project manage approved pilot opportunities.
- Measure impact and pilot results to validate financial assumptions and make improvements for future partnerships. Use results to build business cases that support recommendations for scaled implementation.
- Partner with the Digital Operations Associate and cross functional teams to manage the implementation process of new capabilities and strategies. This includes interfacing with the vendor, diverse agencies, global and local brands, sales, legal, and procurement.
What You'll Need To Succeed
The ideal candidate will have a high-performance background and the strong ability to lead in an entrepreneurial environment. He/she needs to be motivated by empowered decision making with calculated risks. Evidence of critical thinking, learning quickly, and a can-do attitude with an appetite for continuous development is critical. Must be strategic and action-oriented, with digital and e-commerce experience.
- Undergraduate degree required
- Strong knowledge in a variety of workflow processes, such as automation, testing, API integration and analytics/measurement.
- Experience in partnership management: contract negotiation, demand generation, etc.
- Experience with AI and Machine Learning Technologies: (Voice, Automation, Chatbots)
- An understanding of consumer/shopper insights and digital user experience
- Exposure to the entire digital product development cycle from conception to production launches
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/processes at one time.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders from cross fun c tional teams
- Proven communication, organizational, creative, and analytical skills.
- Thrive in a dynamic, evolving space with innovative thinking.
- 5-7 years related experience in digital, eCommerce, IT, insights, and/or media.
- Technical acumen with an ability to understand IT solutions and potential tradeoffs - able to communicate technology concepts to business users
- CPG experience preferred, not required
- Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint required
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top