eCommerce DTC Lead - Sundial
- Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Background & Who You Are
The Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) and Data Lead for Sundial brands (SheaMoisture, Nubian Heritage and Emerge) will run point for marketing strategy, planning, development and execution to drive traffic and sales on the platform, and to build a virtuous cycle of data and personalization through full funnel and CRM integration. As a key consumer touch point, the sites must promote and deliver premium brand shopping experiences, while simultaneously achieving monthly sales targets, customer acquisition goals, and ensuring a positive user experience and increasing consumer lifetime value. The lead is also responsible for global roll out and international expansion of the Sundial portfolio of brand sites.
As a part of the Digital Commerce team for Beauty & Personal Care, you will help to take the eCommerce consumer experience to new heights.
You will be a be a key force driving the engagement and conversion between the always-on consumer and our always-on brands to drive growth in this exciting and fast-paced environment.
You are a passionate digitally minded eCommerce innovator that can think and act strategically and creatively. You are obsessed about providing world-class brand experiences and a deep understanding of what drives and influences eCommerce sales and outstanding consumer experience.
You are a subject matter expert, knowing the right questions to ask at the right time, and providing direct leadership to brand teams so that they can reach consumers in compelling, creative ways while maximizing the return.
You'll love to be part of a small squad that incubates digital strategies and works with brands to drive growth in eCommerce. You'll join a top-performing team who has fun, learns from failures and innovates every day.
If you have what it takes and are passionate about shaping the future of online retail for the Sundial and Unilever hair care brands, we'd love to hear from you!
The primary location (60% time) would be our Sundial office in Manhattan, and secondary (40% time) would be Unilever's U.S. headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey once these offices fully reopen.
What You'll Do
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead marketing efforts for launch of new U.S. eCommerce site(s), to drive revenue and brand growth
- Develop marketing and customer acquisition strategies and implement across paid online channels, internally and with 3rd party vendors, to drive awareness, traffic and conversion, including: display, retargeting, social, SEM, SEO, referral, print, sponsorships, influencer marketing, affiliate marketing and PR to support growth plans and key initiatives
- Build and manage eCommerce marketing calendars to ensure maximum efficiency to drive revenue and manage the execution of the calendar
- Work with the marketing and product teams at our third-party partner to understand the site merchandising and brand content to optimize visits and sales
- Manage digital advertising budget and optimize ROI
- Liaise with internal brand stakeholders and outside partners to drive consumer awareness and engagement, through various marketing channels (PR, Social, Programmatic, SEO, SEM)
- Partner with marketing and creative teams internally to develop or leverage content for promotion and on-site engagement, as well as utilize events to drive awareness and on-site sales
- Within the market, champion the roadmap, adoption and engagement in the roll out of CRM capabilities, which include the Unilever Cloud solutions that enable Data Driven Marketing
- Lead CRM and retention strategies to drive engagement and repeat purchases; collaborate with external partners and digital hub teams to drive email marketing programs to maximize customer lifetime value
- Lead testing and innovation to optimize marketing effectiveness and return on investment
- via market assessment for best eCommerce channel segments/e-Retailer sales potentials (pure play, omnichannel, marketplaces, B2B)
- via Market assessment/benchmarking for digital shelf and eCommerce demand and conversion drivers, including (but not limited to): search, pricing/promotions, assortment, ratings and reviews, content, and holistic investment strategies to drive eCommerce growth in the identified country
- via development and delivery of playbooks, new eCommerce capability infrastructure (e.g., data, reporting for the new market development activities/results), and training as an expert and drive international expansion and roll outs.
- Measure marketing effectiveness and value of media and web personalization campaigns, and present actionable insights and recommendations based on data results and best practices for working on data and measurement across full funnel
- Lead and drive growths through CRM program - strategy, creative and content based on audiences created
- Provide analysis, reporting and insights on cross-channel campaigns and brand performance, often making recommendations for adjustment to marketing campaigns in-flight
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field; Master's degree preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of experience across the eCommerce landscape
- Strong business and analytical acumen
- Ability to lead a cross functional team to deliver complex global eCommerce projects
- Proven track record in leading DTC business and maximizing for conversion
- Proven track record in driving CRM strategies to optimize for consumer life-time value
- Expertise in data driven marketing strategies of full funnel and precision marketing
- Experience creating best in class SEM strategies, inclusive of content optimization
- Proven track record of growing online sales through managing product assortment, enhanced content, and product ratings and reviews on a major online retailer (Amazon, Walmart, Jet, Target)
- Ability to analyze website performance metrics and drive user behavior, translate metrics into actionable reporting, and grow online sales through optimization of engagement and acquisition
- Experience with the day-to-day trading operation through common platforms such as Shopify, Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware), etc.
- Knowledge of technical setup activities for eCommerce platforms
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top