Ecommerce Amazon Manager, Food Solutions
Food Solutions Background:
Unilever Food Solutions (ufs.com) is the Food Service division of Unilever leading the dynamic Food Service market with a range of exciting professional food and beverage products and services to chefs across 22 Multi-Country Organizations (MCOs) in 72 countries. North America is the biggest Food Industry of the world and Unilever is offering best in class brands like Hellmann's, Best Foods, Knorr, L e Goût, Maille, Lipton, Pure Leaf and recently Pukka and Tazo.
The world of Food Solutions is an exciting environment with passionate professionals who work hard to carry out their common ambition of "freeing chefs to love what they do." Our customers range from independent restaurants and hotels, to chains and workplaces, to hospital caterers and more.
If you like the idea of digital transformation and the responsibility of selling through web shops and converting traditional customers to online customers, this might be the opportunity for you. The Food Service industry is changing and operators have more ways to buy their products than ever before. The so called "pure players" like Amazon are becoming increasingly important and Amazon, in particular, is already one of the digital channels where our operators shop. This growing channel of Pure Players, with Amazon as priority, is an opportunity for us to increase our reach with customers in a game-changing way.
Purpose of the Job:
The Ecommerce Amazon Manager, Food Solutions will unlock the growth of selling Unilever food products through Pure Players (e.g., Amazon, Jet.com/Wallmart.com, Boxed.com). He/she will own the profit and loss (P&L) statement and growth plan with these customers and will establish and maintain direct relationships. In addition, he/she will manage the growth through our trade partner web shops (e.g., Sysco, US Foods), working closely with a web shops specialist and the account managers that support these valuable trade partners. In the beginning, the focus is on the U.S. market, with Canada as a secondary market. This role will report into the North America Field Sales Director for Food Solutions. He/she will be responsible for delivering the online sales targets for Amazon and other Pure Players.
Who You Are & What You'll Do:
- Act as key driver in Unilever Food Solutions sales organization to accelerate the Ecommerce transformation
- Act as a manager to unlock growth via disruptive means aimed to increase reach and market penetration
- You're a strategy guru: You deliver and own the overall Sales Ecommerce strategy, including day-to-day account relationships with targets, sales forecasts per web shop and overall company annual plans. You also develop and execute Ecommerce activations in strong alignment with the Digital/Ecommerce marketing team.
- You're a born leader: You lead the Ecommerce transformation in the Food Solutions sales organization.
- You're a teacher: You manage and upskill Ecommerce trade partner specialist(s) within your team.
- You're a changemaker: You will grow Amazon as new key customer for Unilever Food Solutions.
- You're a culture & change champion: You gain learnings from other Unilever Food Solutions countries, as well as our U.S. retail Ecommerce team, and actively share best practices.
What You'll Need To Succeed:
- At least 7-10 years of experience in Digital and/or Ecommerce, ideally within different Pure Player models (e.g., Amazon)
- Experience with setting sales strategy, trade budget management, negotiation
- Experience in account relationship, P&L ownership, forecasting and tracking profitability
- Experience within consumer packaged goods environment or within a Pure Player
- Food Service background highly preferred, though not required
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial mindset; ability to deal in ambiguity and come up with innovative solutions to achieve goals
- Digitally savvy with an ability to problem solve
What We Can Offer You:
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top