Digital Strategy & Social Media Lead - Sundial
- New York, NY
Background & Purpose of the Job:
The Digital/Social team at Sundial Brands is growing as we evolve our marketing approach to keep up with changing consumer behaviors. We impact the competitive beauty space by elevating our purpose-driven mission, focusing on community engagement via social platforms, facilitating integrated marketing activations, and amplifying branded experiential activations.
Sundial Brands is looking for a Digital Strategy & Social Media Lead to support digital/social marketing efforts for all brands within our portfolio. The ideal candidate is a stellar leader and team player with a proven ability to deliver across numerous digital/social platforms with a wide variety of stakeholders. S/he is hyper-enthusiastic, culturally literate, has a strong work ethic and is up-to-date on ever-evolving digital and social media trends. S/he is equally able to identify how brand content translates perfectly into the digital and social space as well as which digital/social trends and analytics might be beneficial to our key brands as a whole.
Who You Are & What You'll Do : You're a born leader. You're passionate about digital/social strategy & tactics. You're both creative and analytical. You love to win and have fun doing it. You're a dot connector.
- Oversee a Social Media Manager in establishing brand-specific content strategies and plans to support the portfolio brands across key consumer facing digital/social touchpoints
- Oversee content planning, content production, community management, copy writing, metrics reporting & optimizations, and boosting strategy for SheaMoisture, Nubian Heritage, MCJW and Nyakio Beauty
- Oversee creative development process and execution of niche paid media campaigns across multiple social platforms
- Lead the strategy and ongoing evolution of the brand tone-of-voice across all social channels
- Lead the team's timely deliverable of consistent reporting (i.e., campaign recaps, monthly reports, etc.) to senior and brand leadership teams
- Work with the Head of Creative on all Sundial Brands go-to-market social strategies, inclusive of large-scale content activations, large-scale event activations, influencer/celebrity partnerships, and more
- Lead strategic planning and creative campaign ideation for new product and collection launches for new innovations.
- Work cross functionally between Brand, Ecommerce, Experiential, Retail, Media & other key teams to lead multi-platform digital/social content, marketing promotions and collaborative efforts that satisfy brand marketing strategies
- Lead platform partnerships (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat) and vendors (e.g., Dash, Hudson, MikMak, Social Native) to identify opportunities for digital/social elevation
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in digital/social media with proven experience supporting a major brand's marketing campaigns
- Creative thinker with impeccable communication skills andteam-managementskills; can collaborate effectively and efficiently
- Proven marketing skills in all facets of brand/audience development
- Proactive, organized, efficient, detail-oriented, unassailable focus on the basics, tenacious (persistent about bringing open items to closure), accountable, enthusiastic
- Experience in digital word-of-mouth campaigns and leading content generation efforts
- Ability to balance multiple competing directions, identify and delegate tasks effectively and manage multiple projects successfully
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, develop plans for the completion of projects and execute based on them
- Availability to work evening/weekend hours, if necessary (some travel)
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top